DAYS: New male character

• Members

I don't get why the new character issue is that big of a deal. We have had a total of 5 new characters brought on under Hogan. One of them, Nick, is a Horton and has already become popular. Benji and Connor are recurring with Connor probably hitting the road soon. Willow and Jed may or may not be here for the long haul. Willow is barely on now. 95% of Days is vets. People are not going to tune out of Days because of this. Nick is the only new character that is featured prominently. Days' big problem is lack of viewer trust. Once they slowly build that back (as they are now), the numbers will be better. Even so, the ratings system sucks anyway. I am also confident Days' run won't end in 2009, as are others.

I think some need to wait because there is alot jumping the gun going on. This is nothing like 1998-2001 when new characters were coming at you all the time. Days has been worse in regards to newcomers. This is nothing. Like I said, if it gets worse then what it is now and people like Willow, Jed, etc are around then I will jump on the bandwagon but it's way too soon to go nuts about this right now IMO.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:rolleyes: Oh, okay...

Anyway, I hope Hogan continues to do his thing with the show, including the younger generation of characters. IMO, he's not doing anything wrong. Hopefully, as summer approaches, we will see a drastic change in Abby and Max, because those are the two characters that need it right now.

It's pretty understandable why Max and Abby were placed on the backburner in character development. Chelsea needed all of Hogan's attention. That character was ruined so badly under Reilly's pen. Hogan has done wonders and I have no doubt that once his attention returns to Max and Abby, I will say the same thing.

• Members

Oh, I think that Davidson is needed as well. I want Kristen back. I would take her over Joseph anyday. Kristen has storyline potential because of EJ. Stefano would as well, but you can only go on being the most hated man in Salem for so long. As with Kristen, we have the possibility of Davidson returning as Susan, everyone finding out from Susan what she really did to Kristen, the journey to save Kristen from the sultan. And that's only if Hogan decides to pick up where SSM left off. He can have so much went on off-screen. Kristen could have very well escaped from the sultan and raised EJ on her own. The possibilities are endless.

• Members

I think part of the problem is all the bad news NBC has been spewing about soaps in general and DOOL in particular. I feel like the clock is ticking and if DOOL wants to change NBC's mind (doubtful) or get picked up by another network, they have to start nudging those ratings up and start generating some excitement among the fans. The return of ED would help with this, I believe, although I'll admit I'm prejudiced because Kristen is probably my all time favorite soap character. Willow is not bringing in fans--sorry to those of you who like her, but she really is hated by the majority of the viewers. The additon of her brother is not going to help ratings wise. Hopefully, Hogan has a great story in mind and his character will be accepted but like King said, he's not going to bring back lapsed viewers. And that's desperately needed right now. Keep familiar faces onscreen, increase the ratings, get some momentum going, and down the line when (hopefully) the future of DOOL is more secure, bring in some new faces. I just feel like the next few months are crucial to DOOL future and bringing in a new character related to a widely disliked character is not going to help.

Archived