AMC: Dixie and The Satin Slayer

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's the FULL Carolyn Hinsey article, she's basically trying to make people feel better nothing more:

Oh, my poor little All My Children fans. Come over and put your head on my shoulder. I've read all your sad and angry emails about killing Dixie, and I have to ask you not to give up hope. ABC Daytime is not purposely tanking AMC to get it canceled so GOOD MORNING AMERICA can take over the extra hour. ABC wants their shows to be good. They are not going to stick with a losing forumula. Something's gotta give here, so be patient and ride it out. You might miss something great!

Besides, I can think of two plausible scenarios(for soaps) just off the top of my head where Dixie didn't even die

1) That wasn't Dixie who returned last year, it was an impostor. Think about it: Would our Dixie have skulked around Pine Valley for two months in a mask watching her loved ones be wracked with pain without helping them?

2) Zach secretly spirited Dixie away from the hospital to save her from the Satin Slayer. AMC did it with Dani, why not Dixie?

• Members

Thanks, AMC Zendall Fan, for posting the entire Carolyn column. :P While I know you don't agree, this only reinforces my belief that Dixie is alive and Carloyn was also in on the ruse! If anything, it's even more obvious now. (Well, to me anyway ;) ) It's like Carolyn is sarcastically giving us a wink to sit back, go along for the ride and our patience will be rewarded. Unfortunately, as I've often cited in this thread, we're just gonna have to wait and see.

ChrisL

• Members

That's a good ghost Dixie explanation. But if there is a dream involved, what storylines are actually being dreamt? So, she's dreaming about the Satin Slayer story. But there's no way she's dreaming Erica/Barbara/Jack. There's too much disconnect and that's why I think she's not dreaming and that she's dead.

• Members

To me this seems an unlikely scenario, but now spoilers are indicating that either Dixie or Babe is alive? Knowing ABC, I can't see them killing Babe (especially after that snippet about focus groups wanting more Krystal/Babe.) However, it is hope.

• Members

It's weird to me that the spoilers would say that either Dixie or Babe is alive. Just by watching, it's obvious that it's Babe, because we saw Dixie's ghost. Unless, ABC is trying to outsmart everyone, and this whole thing is a ruse and Dixie is alive. This whole thing is confusing me.

• Members

Well I am officially allowing myself to hope now . To me it would explain the offfhand remarks about her departure , the gratuitous removal of her details . I can think of only one reason why TPTB would deliberately incense e so many viewers and that is to pull in ratings with an eventual return . Surely to goodness they must be being deliberately inept with their PR ! It also explains Tad`s bizarre lack of grieving in private . Now rumours are circling about a huge ratings stunt being planed and I don`t think they are talking about babe`s " Lazarus "act, that has been leaked pretty comprehensively . CH`s remarks clinched it for me . I could be wrong but it makes me happy to hope a little ;) The only puzzler is the hair extensions . You don`t put those on to take them straight out again...................

ETA OK. Take it ALL back . Cady just laid it all bare in her latest blog . Guess the AMC PR machine really is that inept . Feel quite smug about the extensions though.......I was right about them!

• Members

Hello All,

Well, I told you I would admit it if I was wrong, and after reading Cady's last blog, I'm sad to say that I'm eating crow. It was nice to still hope, and this really seemed like an awesome plot twist if done correctly.

To those who believed with me, thanks for the support!

ChrisL

Archived