AMC: Dixie and The Satin Slayer

• Members

I love the imposter Dixie idea! Maybe Ted Orsini is somehow involved. He could have seen the reports of the car accident in Switzerland and found Dixie at Dr. Madden's clinic. Since Madden was such a one-dimensional villain anyway, I could see him helping Ted coach a faux Dixie to release out into the world while Ted took the real Dixie, who is still in a coma, off to a secret hideaway.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Everyone had to notice that just before Joe came out to pronouce Dixie "dead" they did not do any kind of major work on her, nor did they do any big close up of a team of doctors. It was a far pan. Let's the PVPD had a plan in place to induce into a coma the next intended victim.

Why was there no open casket for Dixie? *When asked in an interview about the funeral, she said, "I don't know, I wasn't invited."

They are throwing a party before her funeral. Just read 1 spoiler about the funeral :

www.soapcentral.com/amc/scoop.php?soap=amc

I think my theory is correct as of now. We'll see. Why? you ask. I have not read anything about Alexa leaving = not dead, dead.

Come back Cady!

*Note to MMT, Don't fire the proven talent.

PS Love Alexa/Babe {Just a note to all u anti-fans}

:P

~HotMom

• Members

I have been thinking about that very thing since I posted this morning...Still waiting for something plausible to pop into my head. What the heck, MMT doesn't think before she writes, why should I?

Here it goes:

1? To reinforce that Cady is fired, we have a ghost.

2? Yes, she was in fact fired - go for unemployment; Who is to say she won't be rehired or already was??? Gone today, here tomorrow?

3? Why explain the ghost at all? Leave that mystery in the dark closet where the other unanswered mysteries are.

4? For the 28 fans of the show who don't read spoilers they threw in Dixie's ghost to tell them who Kathy really is.

Any takers? :blink:

~HotMom

• Members

I'll agree that the pancakes is an unusually campy way for a character to die, especially for it to be taken seriously. And that it rivals Alice Horton as one of the harshest ways to die. (Horton "died" of poisoned doughnuts -- her own "famous" ones at that!) But then you have to consider the ghost. The ghost really gives the writers NO out. I enjoyed Marlena's article, but she can't explain that ghost, and if it was Fake Dixie, how or why she would comfort, as a ghost, JR and Jamie, and why she called Kathy Kate and sent snow on Pine Valley, as a lost parent's sign of love for her child (which Father Clarence said it was).

It would be nice, I guess, but there's no way this can't really be the end of Dixie.

• Members

Just want to remind everyone that Ghost Reva was seen interacting with Annie AND Josh before she was revealed to be alive and in Amish country. I even remember the scene of her in demanding hotter clothes and elling God: I'm coming back. I believe it was chalked up to astral projection or a prolonged hallucination. The ghost could simply have been wishful thinking on whoever saw. As for the snow, coincedence...remember, recently there was an earthquake in PV. This whole thing reminds me of the movie soap. "HE doesn't have a head!"

Frons: We're going to go ahead and bring her back.

McTavish: BUT SHE'S DEAD. The residents saw her ghost.

Frons: Exactly! All the more reason to.

McTavish: I don't follow.

Fros: You see, Dixie WAS a Ghost, which suggests she was once alive. That means she can just as eaily be alive again.

McTavish: OOOOOH. I get it. Makes perfect sense. The kind of thing Days of Our Lives, I mean, All My Children fans will love.

Frons: (cackles, intecomes the EP.) Curruthers. Wer're going to go ahead with operation Pidgeon Swallow It Hard. Make sure you can get ahold of whatever bra it was that made Cady McClain look huge as a ghost!

• Members

Ha! That's cute. Seriously.

I could accept that she's alive IF she didn't say "Kate." At that point, it threw that whole theory out the window, in my opinion. Because yes, JR and jamie may have hallucinated and "felt" her out of grief and nothing more. And perhaps Tad "saw" her at the park (even if the show didn't acknowledge the scene as such), but when she said "Kate," well, that changed EVERYTHING. That meant NO ONE in Pine Valley but someone dead -- aka Dixie -- could have learned that was her daughter, which she did through divine intervention and the new "eyes" she had, knowing more than she should, as a ghost. No other character could have guessed that was Kate or hallucinated her saying that. It would make no sense.

• Members

Well, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who is in denial about Dixie's death. I'm going to hold out hope that Dixie is dreaming this whole thing and will wake up trapped underneath some rubble at the Mardi Gras party or from the crate that she was trapped in.

• Members

Going with MMT thinking^^^: Dixie is found under melting snow a couple of weeks from now as a truly Fallen Angel! She (snow/Dixie) "fell from the heavens" and is found by.....Tad and Kate celebrating their union. Where? The same place Tad "lost his soul", in the park. Now he finds his angel from heaven strangely near where he buried Madden.

Has a nice full-circle feel to it doesn't it?

~HotMom

Archived