Best Daytime Drama: GLAAD awards

• Members

I still hold that JER's stories weren't all that bad on Passions this year. After Vendetta there was a lot that I really enjoyed. They were Best Writing winning stuff but they were very entertaining and that is what I watch Passions for.

As far JER on Days I won't debate it or anything but the biggest thing that hurt his stories was the day to day writing. His stories under a good writer like Sophia Landon Geier were very watchable but the other daily writers were terrible. His same stories even got interesting under the new writers when they came on. Even Austin/Carrie/Lucas/Sami which I thought was JER's worse story was interesting under better daily writers.

I think JER had to have the worse set of daily writers ever assembled on any show at one time. I don't know if he chose them or who did but except for Geier and a few others the rest need to quit writing and find a new job. If JER chose them he hurt himself big time. I still don't find his stories all that bad for the last year. In fact before the Island and after the Island I felt were okay under his tenure. It was the Island that was the absolute worse.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, I do.

I'm sure that there are also transexual albino serial killer dwarfs... doesn't mean it makes good story.

I just know that on most of the GLBT (Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender) message boards I go to, the majority of posters are blasting AMC for many aspects of the story... from the dialogue to the bizarre behavior of the character to the alienlike name of Zarf. It's hard for people to take seriously when everything is written like a three ring circus. Granted, I've not watched much of this story myself... I'm just going by what others have said on the GLBT boards and he overwhelmingly negative response it has gotten.

Bottom line for me, it's confusing to follow. An effeminate man believes himself to be a woman... but he's not gay, he's a lesbian. Whatever, LoL. I would've preferred that they just give Bianca a regular female love interest.

• Members

Here's what posters on JustUsBoys are saying about AMC's Zoe/Zarf storyline:

"All My Children has probably "jumped the shark"...The writing has steadily declined. The Zarf storyline is almost as bad and unwatchable as the Daniel Colson gay serial killer on One Life To Live...If they want to have a groundbreaking storyline - go for it. However, as with OLTL - which is also pretty bad, have a normal law abiding GBLT person fall in love, run a corporation or simply be a role model for his/her children...another character in the face of serial killing defeats the purpose of introducing such a character to the soap. There is no reason why a GBLT character can't be written into a soap with the same normalcy as any other character."

"The AMC Zarf stuff is just so bad, it's camp. AMC has really gone downhill."

"the Zoe/Zarf storyline and turning Bianca 'straight' is insulting."

• Members

What was this lesbian revolt? :o

ATWT had the best scenes-0-and that's prob what they'll look for (makes me wonder that maybe Passanante did write some of Bianca's very similar coming otu scnees that I always gave sole credit to her then co headwriter Agnes Nixon on AMC). But AMC i sdefinetly up there--the Zarf scenes are basically the onlyw atchable thing on right now--and oen of the few character developments that oddly makes sense. Plus compare it to the last transgendered soap storyline done "seriously" 9ie no Passions here) which I believe was the already post op model on the first 6 months of the City which was really poorly handled--ten years ago and it's miles ahead

• Members

Luke's coming out was the best gay storyline on daytime ever. Emmys may be in order for Van Hansis and Jon Hensley. True, they completely dropped the story after September, but none of the other stories compare in terms of writing and acting. ATWT's WGA award scripts all feature Luke's story as well.

Archived