GL/SOD: 01/30/2007 Issue

• Members

So it was mentioned that SOD was able to give GL four pages of their magazine this week to celebrate their 70th, Shame on them!! But not only that, they weren't able to even get their information correct!

SOD reported in their timeline:

UM...sorry but it was 2002! DUH!!!! So it prompted me to send a letter to the "Sound Off" section

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which is exactly the reason my wife said NO MORE SOD in our house. We got a letter from them recently asking us to come back to them. She wrote back that there was on chance in hell that we would buy their magazine until they realized that GL was a soap opera that was still on the air and deserved coverage too!

• Members

Guiding Light celebrates 70 years of broadcasting on air and we get nothing from SOD? That is such a shame. This is a milestone for all soaps, if one can do it, then all soaps have the ability to turn 70. Yet GL was and still is the first and yet SOD gloss's over the anniversary. No wonder I stopped buying their magazines. While I might stop to view their covers, I know that I'm better off getting my fix of soaps from here than that crud of a magazine.

• Members

Dan this really was not a thread for you to voice YOUR displeasure with a show that many others seem to like

The treatment that SOD gives to a select few soaps while other soaps get nothing is shameful and a slap in the face. Save your hate for a thread based on hate.

GL is doing alot more than other shows with alot less. What they are doing with the situation they are facing is quite remarkable and I applaud them for that and for their 70 years, whether SOD wants to pay tribute or not.

• Members

Dan this really was not a thread for you to voice YOUR displeasure with a show that many others seem to like

Honestly Kwing, I didn't see a sign saying I couldn't post in the thread. So I posted, and I will post. If you don't like that, then that is your problem. Believe it or not, I do still support the show, even if I find it to be [!@#$%^&*]. Although I don't watch, I support the show (NOT those idiots in charge, to make a blatant clarification) in other ways. Hell, I even told my mom to buy this week's Jammy SID Jammy cover just because it was GL. Of course, I do that cause I never know if it will be the last one, lol, but still. And I congratulate GL for their 70th Anniversary. I just hope it will last another 70 years without David Kreizman and Ellen Wheeler in charge. I'm hoping for a better future for GL so that it can live up to its wonderful potential. That isn't a crime now is it? :P

The treatment that SOD gives to a select few soaps while other soaps get nothing is shameful and a slap in the face.

It is. For YEARS, Gl has been the Rodney Dangerfield of soapdom. Even when it was good, no one seemed to notice and it still pisses me off. Especially since GH isn't all that much better....

• Members

The show is good Danny Boy, but as I said before, its not the show you remember or I remember. But I roll with the punches and support my show.

I wish you had the heart for it.

It is nice to hear your kind words toward it, but every post out of you is hate and displeasure and unkind words about the show. Hard to believe you support it.

The Headwriter and EP have the support of CBS and the actors, thats all I care about.

• Members

The show is better now than it was five years ago, no question in my mind. No more San Cristobel ("the people" "the people" -- argh!!!), no more Mob. Instead, we have real people (for a soap -- not princes at least), real problems, real emotions, and Buzz with a story instead of just being seen at Company.

Shame on SOD for not giving GL's landmark anniversary the cover, and also shame on SOD for not getting their facts right.

• Members

ITA Dan. I had stopped watching a few years before 2002 since I had initially LOVED Danny/Michelle, San Cristobel, and the mob, but when GL re-centered itself on being about only these things I'd had enough. Then I heard that it was good again and I checked it out, and watched a few per week. When Joan Collins joined I was sold and watched every day (she was fantastic!) Then it was announced that Collins and Taggart were both leaving. I stuck around for about a month of Ellen Weston and haven't watched the show daily since :-(

Archived