Oklahoma Ice Storm

Josh

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It has been weird winter weather here. Usually we have snow and very cold weather here. We have been in the upper 30's 40's until just a few days ago. We had our first snow on New Year's eve which was a record for the latest snow. It wasn't very much snow and it was all gone within a few days. Now here it is almost the middle of January about to get our first decent snow fall.

It's also been weird that places south of here have been having worse winter weather and Denver Co. has had a few major snowfalls. We are lucky in eastern NEB though because the other side of the state (next to Colorado) had a bad ice/snow storm recently and some small towns still don't have power for over a week.

• Members

Same here. We live in Iowa, and the first real substantial snowfall we got was on NYE. It's definitely been a warm winter here, but we're all enjoying it. Usually we're hammered from November through March, so this has been AWESOME.

We're in line to get this same storm. Currently, my husband and I are standing firm that we're not going to the store to pick up ANYTHING. It's going to be chaos. There will be 5,000 at the store acting like the world is going to end. So we're waiting it out. LOL

• Members

We survived round one of the ice. They say that more is coming today and on Sunday! I didn't go to work and because of MLK Jr. day school has was dismissed!!!!

Oklahoma has been really freaky warm too! Yesterday in the panhandle and through most of the state it was bitter cold freezing temps, however in the bottom southeasat corner of the state it was 63. I do not lie!!!!

LOL. OKC airport was shut down and what made me start to think is that people were going to drive to Dallas to catch a flight.

Archived