AMC: Only african-american contract star out

• Members

SID states that Tanisha Lynn is indeed gone. She is done taping.

SID is about as reliable as anyone talking about Burton Armus coming to AMC lol, but they actually spoke with TL.

She started in early Febraury of '04 so she'll probably depart in early February, give or take a few days.

My speculation only: she doesn't die but has to leave to recover from her operations.

Really makes you wonder why they made her stay last summer. At that time McT said they'd recast, but who knows if Dani will be back.

Late last year there were plans for an african-american love interest for Babe but that was scrapped because Babe and Josh are oh-so-popular :rolleyes: . Instead the plan was to cast an african-american love interest for JR. That has also been scrapped in favor of a caucasian (and, if Michael Bruno and Frons have their way, BLONDE) love interest.

To be honest I've never really been a Tanisha Lynn fan so I don't really care about her leaving per se, but I don't like the lack of racial diversity on All My Children.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Be nice, but Christel Khalil is ever so popular :blink:

Not shocked but very discouraged as well by the total lack of racial diversity on AMC. It always prided its self as being racially diverse.... what is happening :(

Why the hell didn't they just kill Dani then? Makes zero sense and why wasn't she out like last summer when she was supposed to have wanted out of her contract.

• Members

That would be great. But I would love for Davetta to come back, but Tanisha play Neil's secret child that only he knows about. For some reason I've always wanted something from Neil's past to come out and I mean really test his and Dru's marriage and a secret child would do it.

• Members

My pure guess is that it was around that time they came up with the serial killer story...when Teri Ivens told them she was leaving last summer....so they figured they'd actually hold TL her to her contract a little while longer so they could write her out in that story.

As for not killing her, I'm actually sort of glad. Danielle is so young I think it would be too much.

• Members

It's good that they're not going to kill her, Danielle is a character with history on this show.

As unreliable as SID is...they do have quotes from Tanisha. She was let go, AMC's choice.

So with that confirmation, Lynn's last air-date is right around the corner. Very soon.

• Members

I said Tanisha Lynn needed to be Lily before Davetta was even in the picture. She's an amazing young actress and such a sweet girl. I remember when we first met her on the Emmy pre-show and she was so sweet and humble. Little did I know she'd turn out to be one of the greatest younger actresses in soaps!

If Lynn has a website someone needs to email or let the webmaster know to put feelers out to Y&R. We know Latham doesn't want Khalil and this would be a great way to save the character.

• Members

This is good news! I never understood the Danielle (took me about 10 secs to remember her name) & T. Lynn. :blink: The less dead weight on AMC, which Danielle & Lynn certainly are, the sooner AMC can return to being great. Frons, McTavish & Carruthers should have killed her off! Agnes Nixon, where are you? :(

Latham doesn't want Khalil? Then she should have put more pressure on ther bosses not to re-hire Khalil. She is the HW & EP after all on the highest-rated daytime drama. CBS does care about Y&R. Never forget what happened to Y&R's EJ Scott, K. Alden, T. Jones & JF Smith.

I DON'T WANT T. LYNN ANYWHERE NEAR Y&R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I maintain that if Latham had anything to do with bringing Khalil back she'd be writing for her right now. It's not like if Shemar Moore said he wanted to come back and they had to throw a story together. Lily was about to begin a big story and they wrote her out of it when Khalil arrived. They even wrote Khalil out of all the Winters family scenes although Lily was heavily involved when Davetta was in the role.

Plus, Latham cast Davetta and changed the role so much I doubt she could be a Khalil fan. My guess is that the long term staffers who worked with Khalil wanted her back and thats why she came back. Why would Latham cast Davetta, write so much for her then fire her, only to never use Khalil? Makes no sense.

Archived