AMC: Only african-american contract star out

• Members

She cast Davetta because Christel wasn't available and the role of Lily needed to be cast. Sherwood got the job. As for writing Lily differently, I don't believe that's true. Davetta behaves differently than Christel and that's why it comes off as different Lilys. Nothing else. And what big story did you see being written for Lily before Sherwood was fired? I seem to recall her being supporting, as she is now, with the Carmen Mesta murder. I will admit that Lily is being seen less frequently with the Winterses, but I'm not going to make assumptions as to why when no one, but TPTB, knows the real reasons for.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
It goes beyond performance, the writing and characterizations were inherently different with Davetta. Look at what Lily is doing now, sending text messages with Colleen and being written like a vapid moron.

She's not supporting, she's nonexistent! They didn't even include her in the Christmas scenes for heavens sake. Do you honestly believe Davetta would be left out of Christmas? No way in hell. It was also mentioned in the soap mags that they'd be reshooting Davetta's scenes to get Christel on screen sooner. This obviously didn't happen. I imagine once Latham saw what she was working with that was the end of Lily.

The story I mention was Lily as a viable suspect in Carmen's murder case, plus there were spoilers that Daniel and Lily would face marital problems. When Khalil arrived they dropped Lily from Carmen's murder with out even proving her to be innocent.

It's a very reasonable speculation and people speculate on soaps all the time. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make me delusional.

• Members

This bums me out, I love Tanisha Lynn as Dani.

One of my favoirte stories from AMC in the past few years is when Reggie and Dani were dating and then Dani lost her virginity to Josh. Such a waste of two characters. That was a good summer "teen" storyline, much better than than the stuff that was shown this past summer.

Archived