Y&R: The RELIQUARY and CARMEN story is coming to an end!

• Members

ALL thanks to Oceanview at the Phick site for taking the time to type this up! :)

RETURNING

Carmen returns to haunt Drucilla the week of Jan. 22 on Y&R, which means Marissa Ramirez will briefly reprise the role. Insiders say Ramirez might also return for newly created flashbacks once the killer's identity is finally revealed during Feb. sweeps.

IN: Ned Schmidtke (Lucas), David Franklin (Andrew) and Ian Paul Cassidy (Karl Strovink) - Victor and Brad track down the reliquary on Jan. 23, 24 and 25. Schmidtke played Greg Barnard on AW from 1977-'78.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since Vincent's first 13 weeks has David onscreen until early April, I think the audience may know who Carmen's killer is in Feb sweeps (I don't think it was David!), but not anyone in GC will know then. Future spoilers have said the killer has to cover up with another murder, and that solving the Carmen murder also solves an "old mystery." My money's on Professor Korbel being Carmen's murderer, and him being so deadly dangerous is what also finally brings the reliquary mystery/adventure to an end. LML had also said that "one of our principal characters may be falling in love with a killer," and once again for me that points to Adrian and Colleen.

• Members

Could LML have a WORSE sense of pacing? It's funny that the tape of Dru and Carmen in the break room has only now come up again - that happened MONTHS ago. It's like the stories are just meandering, being made up as they go along? I guess LML's faster-paced Y&R only comes down to fewer shots of floral arrangements.

Also - did I completely miss a Phyllis/Dru throwdown? I admit I haven't been watching as faithfully lately, but when is Phyllis' involvement with the Carmen mess gonna come out? I swear MS and VR haven't had a scene together in months, and they had a GREAT rivalry. I guess Phelia distracted the writers.

• Members

Could LML have a WORSE sense of pacing? It's funny that the tape of Dru and Carmen in the break room has only now come up again - that happened MONTHS ago. It's like the stories are just meandering, being made up as they go along? I guess LML's faster-paced Y&R only comes down to fewer shots of floral arrangements.

Also - did I completely miss a Phyllis/Dru throwdown? I admit I haven't been watching as faithfully lately, but when is Phyllis' involvement with the Carmen mess gonna come out? I swear MS and VR haven't had a scene together in months, and they had a GREAT rivalry. I guess Phelia distracted the writers.

• Members

Yeah it happened months ago and has been mentioned several times when discussing the case. How is it bad pacing to show the video again before Devon goes on trial for murder? Do they need to show it a million times so you won't forget it's there?

The timeline for Carmen's murder is okay for me, especially since it's moving now with David around. They should've cast him sooner so the story didn't have to wait so long.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 11 2007, 10:56 PM)
Yeah it happened months ago and has been mentioned several times when discussing the case. How is it bad pacing to show the video again before Devon goes on trial for murder? Do they need to show it a million times so you won't forget it's there?

The timeline for Carmen's murder is okay for me, especially since it's moving now with David around. They should've cast him sooner so the story didn't have to wait so long.

Seems like we're not disagreeing here. You admit they should have cast David sooner, and I agree with that. The Winters have been pretty much backburnered since November when Christel Khalil came back. Any build-up/momentum the plot had has completely dissipated.

• Members

I for one will be glad when we no longer have to hear the words, reliquary and Carmen Mesta....I won't both of these storyline to wrap up...

Now, if I had to choose which story I would be interested in watching during February sweeps, it would be the Carmen Mesta mess; simply because I can see me some Drucilla Winters...nuff said...Brad bores me to tears, therefore I wouldn't even bat an eyelash if I missed any of the 'big' reveal to this.

Archived