PSNS: The Rapes

• Members

Sorry, but that's not the end of discussion.

We saw Theresa plan a (legally speaking) rape.

We saw Theresa and Ethan have sex.

Theresa attempted rape. That CAN be argued.

However.

Months later, we LEARNED that Ethan, though he didn't say it all those months ago, KNEW it was Theresa.

That's consent.

That's NOT rape.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First of all, even if that's true, and Ethan did know it was Theresa, do you want to know what that is? A REWRITE. Simple backtracking on JER's part in a half-assed attempt at redeeming Theresa. It doesn't change what we as viewers SAW with our own pairs of eyes, however.

Why don't you and Rion try look at this objectively instead of from your biased points of views (hm, what a concept)?

• Members

Hogan, that's my WHOLE point, though.

If it's a rewrite, if , in real life, GOD rewrites something, WE the humans, wouldn't know it.

The same is true with JER.

Because it's a rewrite, IT-NEVER-HAPPENED. That's the way it works. Even if you know it's a rewrite, JER had a plot hole in there, and he used it to his advantage; therefore, I may be biased, but because I AM living by the revised storyline (ie, the latest version of it), I'm literally right.

I mean, gosh. I'm so tired and I have to deal with this thread that makes me lose control! It's like we're living in the Twilight Zone. Up is down, curvy is straight!

• Members

Yes. I do, now that you mention it.

Hey, I don't know how it works, but it really is a double standard. Probably because "Days" has more accountability than a soap send-up like "Passions."

On this show, Ethan could kill a man and rape him 100 times and if the show (maybe JER took bad drugs) but when the writer came back to his senses, if he wrote that it was an evil twin, I HAVE to accept that because that's been written and recorded in the show's ever-growing "bible."

Similarly, Theresa didn't rape Ethan.

Archived