Days: Tuesday

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just some quick thoughts on today's show.

I really liked the actor who played Shawn's lawyer. He was pretty good. Considering that there's a deficit in the young-mid 30's crowd, I think he would make a nice addition to the show. Perhaps he could play the newly created character--Julie/Hope's nephew, Steve Olson III?

Lots of foreshadowing in the Steve/Kayla storyline. Not sure where it leads, but it didn't sound good during Steve/Bo's conversation about Steve never abusing Kayla or something like that and then Kayla saying that Steve wouldn't be a good father right now.....

The scene at the pub with Kayla/Hope/Billie was kind of strange. I guess Kayla/Hope feel comfortable with the women with whom their husbands once had a relationship. Very sophisticated of them. I don't think most women would react that way but anything can happen in Salem right?

I'm very curious to see which actors have pulled the most episodes this month. I think Julie Pinson along with Ashley B. are going to be pulling some high numbers. Surprisingly enough, Ali S. will be on the low end if the past few weeks of 1-2 Sami episodes per week are any indication of what's to come towards the latter end of the month...

• Members

I thought the same thing when Billie mentioned "Eileen" for the baby's name, haha. Here's hoping! I liked today's show. I don't at all feel Shawn has overreacted in recent scenes. I just continually put myself in his place....and I also come to terms with the fact that how he reacts IS HIS CHARACTER. That is who Shawn Douglas Brady IS. He's fiery and immature sometimes, like his dad...but to me, that's who he is. To be consistently bothered by that is fine, cause some people in real life that act like that are irritating at times. But nothing to give up the show over, that's for sure. I loved Bo today, he and Steve are so real in scenes together. That CPS lady is one of the biggest b!tches I've ever seen, lol. And last, I cant believe how much I love seeing Shawn and Belle on screen together. Still waiting for that first sex scene.... :P

• Members

I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed the Steve & Bo scenes today. I'm so impressed with how well Sheffer slid them right back into their brothers/friends vibe without losing that edge they always kept with each other, neither at all shy about kicking the other's ass.

PR and SN really are amazing actors. SN especially really blew me away. The terror in his voice as he cried "please don't touch me" gave me chills. And the way he seemed so ... lost and vulnerable when he was talking to Bo in the hallway. That affect is so not Steve. He was always the badass, macho guy, full of bluster even when (especially when) he was unsure of himself. I don't think we've ever seen him as weak-looking as when he was talking to Bo.

Still really enjoying the teen set, surprisingly enough. Abby, Chelsea and Nick are being written really well and the actors are doing a great job at not being generic plastic teens.

Count me in with those really annoyed at the way they have Hope and Kayla pimping Billie. I actually like Billie (when she's not whoring after Bo or Steve) but when we have Hope and Kayla behaving like doormats and doing back somersaults to be nice to her, it's just annoying and actually makes me like her less. ATTN WRITERS: It's perfectly okay to have otherwise likeable characters not like each other. Having Hope or Kayla respond to Billie civilly but cooly isn't going to make me like any of the three less. In the real world some people don't get along. It's okay. And pimping one character at the expense of another just makes me dislike the character being pimped. Yes, Kayla is a "glass half full" kind of girl who always tries to see the best in people, but she's never been a wimp or a doormat and having her THANK Billie is just beyond the pale. Grrrrrr.

So my head is still hurting from the anvils that bounced off of it from the Steve & Bo and Hope & Kayla scenes. Steve said 3 different times he'd never hurt Kayla. That can't bode well. And Kayla says it's a bad time to get pregnant? On a soap, that can only mean one thing. My only question is just how dark Sheffer is willing to go with this story...

• Members

I see what Corday, Sheffer & Kelly (CSK) are doing: CSK know how much everyone hated Brandon Beemer's (he ain't phenomenal, DAYSies) Shawn and didn't care for him with Madison's Belle (many still hate/dislike Belle). So, instead of having them together as a couple right away, CSK are taking Claire away so we'll be distracted. Then when Belle and Shawn get Claire back we'll be so happy for them because of what happend to Claire they will just end up being a family and everyone will be pleased with it, instead of being mad they are together.

• Members

Check out these cute photos of Blake Berris (Nick) that Andre linked me to earlier. Cuteness! (And he's very, very... bi, at least). And given the chemistry that he and Ashley Benson share, who wants to take bets that they're dating in real life?

n1700164_30402802_4393.jpg

n12108554_31516523_6169.jpg

• Members

I think this is a stupid assumption. Many people like Beemer and Madison and think they are doing a fine job with their material. Many of the ones who don't like them are Jason Cook & Kirsten Storms fans. Do you honestly think those two could pull off this custody story? I doubt it!

Do you even WATCH the show? Or are you yet another non-viewer who feels the need to bash a soap to make yourself look better? I think it's the latter.

You also need to stop flooding the boards with all these topics all over the place. You're coming off as a huge troll.

• Members

I agree that Chelsea is being treated too much as an "outsider." But here's what I don't get: what right did Kayla have to tell Billie that she could hold HOPE'S daughter?! Similarly, what right did BILLIE have to tell Chelsea she could hold HOPE'S daughter?

Only HOPE can say who can hold HOPE'S daughter. That's the way it is.

MOTHER knows best.

• Members

So I've been taping Days since the beginning of this year but have only had time to watch a few shows here and there. It's actually pretty good right now. Some random comments:

I didn't like Shawn & Belle then (actually, I did for like 6 months) and I'm not liking them now. The acting's good, the story's good but there is simply no chemistry between Martha Madison and Brandon Beemer. BTW, while I think BB is miles ahead of Jason Cook..there's something missing..and I think it's what you call facial expression.

Ashley Benson sounds a lot like Kirsten Storms. :blink: I'm not sure whether I like her or not yet...I do enjoy her scenes with Nick. I can't believe him and Abby are cousins. For a second there, I thought maybe, they'd move Nick away from his Chelsea crush and pair him with Abby. Did they grow up together? Hey, if GL can do it, why can't Days? Unfortunately, I don't think TPTB at Days would have the guts to "go there".

I wouldn't mind Nick & Chelsea, either..except he had sex with her mom. :huh: It's weird...I saw a couple of Days episode last year and didn't like Chelsea at all but now I think she's entertaining and *gasp* played by a good actress.

Kayla is even more boring than Sierra...:( It's too bad since Patch & Kayla are supposed to be legendary.

Steve having weird visions or whatever has got to be the campiest story on the show right now.

I still detest the bright light endings Days' has.

Just a few questions:

- Are Shawn & Belle together?

- Is Chelsea Georgia?

Archived