Days: Tuesday

• Members

Very, very filler. But some nice stuff.

Steve/Bo is ALWAYS a treat. Reckell was in rare form today. Sheffer really gets Bo.

I love, love, love how Abby put the pieces together about Billie and Nick. She's certainly got the reporter brain!

It was nice to see some closure for Billie on the Kayla end. Kayla was back to plain today. I like her so much better as part of an ensemble scene :lol: But, I still enjoyed the 'moving on' ness of the scenes. Hell, I can even see Kayla and Billie being friends eventually.

I'm ready to move on as far Shawn/Belle story goes. I don't want to wait for Philip, LoL.

Always nice to see Maggie!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I felt like today was a jumping-off point for a couple big stories--the custody battle and Steve's search for his past. I really liked how the lawyer sat down with Shawn and Belle and explained the case from Victor's point of view. It was like they heard the comments from viewers about how Victor didn't have grounds for a custody case and the writers explained that, yes, Victor had manipulated everything in such a way that this really could turn into a legal battle. I hate it when soaps make a mockery of legalities. I'm still fuming over the 90s story that had Will kidnapped and taken to France to be sold on the black market and the only way Sami and Austin could get him from the kidnappers was if they got married because in France only a married couple could have custody of a child! So ridiculous.

I thought Maggie looked absolutely beautiful today. I just love her.

Liked Billie and Kayla. That was a nice scene, and I can see them being friends. And, really, I would like to be Billie's friend if I lived in Salem. I know she's not perfect but there's just something so appealing about her. I think Julie Pinson deserves a lot of credit for making her so likable despite some of the really horrible things she's done. And I felt for Chelsea when Hope snatched the blanket away, although I don't think Hope realized Chelsea wanted to hold her little sister. A year ago I hated Chelsea so passionately, but now I've grown quite fond of her.

• Members

Almost forgot---

I know this is totally random and maybe a little delusional on my part, but when Billie suggested the name Eileen for little Doodlebug, I got excited. Could this be a hint about Eileen Davidson? Maybe a little bit of encouragement for all her fans? Am I just grasping at straws?

• Members

Kayla as usual was being very nice. Too nice, IMO. I thought she looked pretty weak thanking Billie for encouraging her not to give up on Steve. Kayla's character always had a lot (if not too much lol) tenacity - I am sure she did not need her husband's interloper to encourage her.

However, I was offended on Kayla's behalf when Billie made some comment about them being two lovesick women with a man in the middle. WTH - HOW can Billie even compare her situation with Kayla's? Billie and Steve dated at most a few months, never slept together and Steve never even told her he loved her (I think the strongest declaration of his feelings was him thanking her for not hating him like everyone else because he did not have his memory). Steve even told Kayla that he and Billie were keeping things causal and in the moment. Kayla has been in love with the man for over 20 years, went through heck and more to overcome obstacles so they could be together, was married to him, bore his child, and mourned him for 16 years. It just confirmed to me that Billie really thinks more highly of herself in relationship situations than how the reality of the situation stands. I am sorry if Billie is so devastated over loving her insta love with Steve, but I cannot fathom how that can compare to the deep despair and heartbreak Kayla faced after the nightmare of finding out Steve is alive but wanting to be with another woman.

One piece of advice if you would be friends with Billie - don't leave your man alone with her (especially if she is feeling even more insecure and needy than usual). ;)

I also felt bad for Chelsea when the baby got taken away before she could hold it. But I felt even more bad that Billie had to be the one to tell her that doodlebug was actually her sister. Too bad her father had not mentioned it to her earlier . . . although I know he has been pretty busy.

• Members

See, that's what I mean. Even though Billie has done some despicable things, I still feel like rooting for her. But you're right about that "two lovesick women with a man in the middle" comment. That was strange. I thought Kayla should have called her out on that one.

And I would never leave Billie alone with my man. But she'd be fun for a girls night out.

• Members

No, your not delusional, I thought the exact same thing. That's what I was going to say as well.

I felt bad for Chelsea not getting to hold Doodlebug, but we did have a lot of growth during Christmas..so we will see.

Abby figured out it was Nick by a belt. Isn't she quite the detective.

Let the court battle begin.

• Members

Bo and Hope treat Chelsea like she's a total outsider. How rude and horrible. Even Billie didn't inform Chelsea in a private conversation that she had a new half-sister. A baby in the family is huge news to share and I was shocked that Chelsea just found out and how she was totally written off. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I'm starting to hate Days.

Nick is now my favorite male character. Shawn is my least. He is so raw and uncontrolled. Victor is brilliant for giving him the ammunition he needs to hang himself.

Did you ever in your life see an attorney come to a pub to discuss your case when you don't know him and never talked to him about your case. I know, Kayla and Frankie, did, but that really doesn't make it any different. Another moment I hated.

Belle acting like Shawn is behaving normally as a man should????? What a lame brain she has turned into.

Oh well, I'm sticking around to the end of the mystery of the skelton in the church basement and what Philip does about his own biological child and if this isn't better by then. So long to Days.

• Members

I just have to say... why do Nick and Abby have to be cousins?

They have the most fantastic sweet chemistry! God, I wish they weren't related. They would be so sweet paired! GRRR.

I could see it already. Nick and Abby are just about to say "I Do" when Chelsea rushes in, announcing that she's pregnant with Nick's baby (who she drugged into bed). Abby can't marry Nick, knowing that Chelsea is carrying his child. But knowing that Nick doesn't really want her, Chelsea does everything in her power to keep him by her side -- even faking amnesia and paralysis and covering up the fact that her child is really Conner's, not Nick's. Chelsea finally manages to get him to walk down the aisle with her, but just as they're about to say their I Do's, Abby rushes in with proof that Nick isn't the father of the baby and Chelsea knew all along. Abby and Nick marry on the spot as Chelsea watches in tears from outside the church, looking in through the stained glass windows.

Wait. We already did that from 1994 - 1997.

• Members

Personally, I think it's stupid to give up DAYS just because Chelsea is still being treated like an outsider, when it's only been a year since she ran down Zack and only on Christmas did she show any remorse for her actions, and that Shawn and Belle are fighting for their child, which is what any normal parent would do. If you're watching just for Chelsea, Philip, Willow and mystery bones, you're missing out on a whole lot and not being invested in the entire show, which ALL fans should be.

• Members

WHAT?

First, Chelsea makes herself an outsider.

And how is Shawn "uncontrolled?" Did you see the way he handled Victor at the Pub? He didn't even raise his voice! He simply opened the door and asked him to leave...

Are we even watching the same show? :blink:

• Members

Must not, from these comments. Yesterday's show, it was Belle and Caroline yelling at Victor, not Shawn. He was angry, but he was controlled, as if he knew he had to be. As for Chelsea, she brings everything on herself.

I think her strong dislike for Shawn and Belle as characters and as a couple is distorting what she's seeing on the show.

• Members

I think it's because Hogan has had some time to start making his mark on stories and characters. There will be people who like him, and people who won't. But to stop watching a show because of little things like Chelsea, who hasn't endeared herself to the Bradys, still be treated with some hostility, IMO is petty.

Now, if Hogan decided to do a story where Sami and Lucas find a baby and we find out it's the previously aborted fetus of Mimi and Rex, then I think fans definitely have a right to threaten to stop watching the show. :lol:

Archived