Michael Logan's Worst of 2006

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I happen to agree with everything he said about AMC.

The Zarf story imo is a BIG miss at the moment and I have a feeling it will result in more viewers leaving the show.

While I was hoping for the best with this story, I expected the worst and that is exactly what I am seeing right now.

AMC has lost its identity and soul, this Zarf storyline (and countless others) only continue to prove that.

• Members

I agree with him on a lot of things, but Zarf story is not bad. I went into expecting the worse and I have been very pleasantly surprised.

Next to Kay Chancellor's story on Y&R right now, it is the best story in daytime.

Both stories are wonderful and have so much more to offer than anything going on daytime right now.

One that makes them so great too is that they are different. One lets a 79 year old woman lead a story, and features 2 other actresses both over the age of 50.

And the other although it is a cop out in one extent is about a transgendered character and so far they are doing it great justice IMO and the acting is superb.

• Members

I agree 100% regarding Josh and the unabortion. Pure revisionist garbage.

However I must disagree with the opinion on the Zarf/Zoe storyline. I think its definately a step in the right direction for AMC. The story has heart and depth to it, especially from Zoe's point of view. The kind of depth and heart that used to be tied to every AMC story. I have enjoyed the storyline from the get go.

• Members

I usually don't agree with Logan, but this time he is 100% on the mark!

The unabortion was an insult to all us long-time fans; Zarf came on as a self-obsessed, annoying bore and even though he's shown more depth by coming out as transgender, those qualities are still there; and Colby's sex talk with Adam was just embarrassingly bad.

Archived