2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I don't know all the writers who were fired or quit on their own.

As far as who left or was hired somewhere else, just look at the yearly list (which I'll update at the end of this week).

• Members

Thanks Toups. You always keep me in the know. Question though or rather an opinion based on your knowledge...OLTL is due for some new writers. replacements for Lisa Seidman, Leslie Nipkow and hopefully Mark Higley are in need, right? Also, a new breakdown writer is needed to fill Ron's void, and after reading Victor G's interview, I want him gone, especially after reading Higley's comments.

• Administrator

Definitely more changes will occur. Ron has to get his team in place.

What didn't you like about Victor or Dena's comments? Or do you want him gone just because he is Dena's friend? LOL

• Members

Toups, I am pretty sure that Vic was brought by Higley as a favor because he was fired from DAYS. If he writes anything like her, I'd like him to leave, though I really like what he was saying regarding the kids. I can't wait to see who Ron brings to OLTL. Hey Toups, do you think Fran Meyers husband would ever return to OLTL? They wrote together in 92. His names slipped my mind. I hope Ron brings back Richard Braukus(sp?), who is at DAYS. Might be a little premature to ask, but Toups, do you have any predictions as to who is coming to AMC and OLTL?

• Members

Whats up A? :) You know, I was thinking about that. I was sort of thinking that AMC might see more changes because B&E have people who they have worked with in the past that they wanted to bring to AMC. Althought Carlivati is a new HW, I can't help but feel like he isn't "real" and wont be making many changes, but then on the flip side, I could see Ron totally making changes, because of the way things have gone. I KNOW that Shelly Altman is going nowhere. Chris Van Etten, Janet I, and Victor, I dont know. In terms of script writers, I dont think anyone but Carolyn Culliton is safe, considering what happened to Leslie Nipkow. We dont know what E-Page's position will be, do we? (Toups :))

Archived