ATWT rumor... looking for confirmation.

• Members

I got this off an ezboards forum, and was hoping for anyone to confirm if they have read this anywhere? It could be an interesting story if executed properly.

----------------

Their saying that ATWT is taking a note from AMC, and giving Luke a love interest with someone who is of the opposite gender- a tragic story of unrequited love. Currently the show is in the process of casting a girl that pull off homely until Luke transforms her into a walking bombshell.

The guy said that Luke befriends a beautiful but nerdy girl named Riana who has no self-confidence. Currently dealing with Faith and Lily’s image issues, Luke takes it upon himself to show Riana what a beautiful person and the two become friends. Things get interesting when Kevin comes into the picture, and it is revealed that he is Riana’s older brother. While trying to deal with Kevin trying to ruin their friendship, Riana will apparently begin to fall in love with Luke, leading to a tragic and heartbreaking tale of a romance that can never happen because Luke is gay and Riana is straight. Luke fears for his friend’s safety when he realizes someone in Riana’s family is sexually abusing her. The audition scripts implies Kevin is the one who is raping his sister, because Riana is one scene talking with her brother and she is scared of him, and in the other audition script with Luke, Riana is telling Luke he's the first guy to ever be nice to her.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This sounds like garbage to me. Why keep inventing ways to NOT give Luke true love when everyone else is town his age gets a real lover (or more than one)? Give Luke a boyfriend and be done with it. It's not that hard. Why are they so gun shy? Luke's story has gotten nothing but positive response, which is more than I can say for the rest of the crap on this show.

• Members

I just don't understand why the show is so scared of giving Luke a male love interest. What the heck do they have to lose? It's not like the ratings are amazing, or that the other crappy storylines aren't getting rid of the loyal fanbase right now. It's such a cop-out to give him a love interest w/ a girl.

Besides, it's obvious that the show doesn't care about Luke or the fact that VH could probably hold his own storyline. Every storyline about Luke has turned into a storyline for Lily and/or Jade...it's never about Luke. I'm sure that when VH decides to leave, TIIC will ship Luke away and we'll never hear from him again.

• Members

This is the first time I have read anything about it. I think we should all just stay cool until we get it from a reliable source. So for now I am choosing not to believe it. If true, I would love for Luke to have his OWN storyline but not with this crap, we just went over this with Maddie :rolleyes:. I think Luke should have a love interest, I would definitely watch for that!

Ms. Walsh said it perfectly. I don't see why they just won't take a chance and give Luke some lovin <_<. It wouldn't hurt and there are many people who are wanting to see it. Oh wait, that might actually give their viewers what they want and possibly raise their ratings. Who would want that :rolleyes:?

Archived