ATWT: Jean Passanante must be fired!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Simply put she has run out of steam. She needs to go pronto before she ruins this show.

ATWT was ensconced to move on up in the ratings after the summer upswing, but she has done nothing to help it get there. She keeps giving us the same old mess over and over everyday. It is boring and most importantly it is repetitive.

The stories are not that bad in themselves but you can't put them on everyday and keep the same pace she has going now.

Either get rid of her or give her someone that will step it up big time.

ATWT is getting the ratings it deserves under her right now, and they can only go down. Pretty soon GL is going to be above it, and everyone will be wondering if ATWT is the next show to get cancelled instead.

• Members

Jean needs to go, Chris needs to go, and like I said yesterday in another post, Barbara Bloom needs to go, she could stop this if she wanted to. This show is just getting worse by the day, like I said in the weekly discussion thread I really think the show sunk to a new level of crap today. That scene with Paul and the light, was just totally dumb and totally pointless. Me having to see Katie/V/Carly at Emma's for Christmas is just sick. And of course what day would be complete without the history re-writes, again today Meg said to Craig that he scorched Bab's face, and again that did not happen.

Also like Steve said the show was in a upswing in ratings during the summer months and even a bit before with Luke's storyline but ever since we have been just getting the same storylines over and over again day after day and week after week, Hell the characters are now saying the same thing they said in previous shows it has become so repetitive.

Did I mention Katie/V/Mike being at Emma's made me sick :angry:

Here is that petition again for those who would like to sign that have not yet

http://www.petitiononline.com/fireJP/petition.html

• Members

I don't think she should be fired. We saw what good she can do when she has people helping her out, guiding her through it all. Give her a real heavy-hitter to work UNDER. That way, she keeps her job, but we also have someone better to balance everything.

Like others have said, it's not the stories that piss me off, it's the lack of balance between characters and the fact that the show follows only a certain set of characters. The others might as well all be on recurring status because that's all they do, they recur. Her pet characters are treated like regular characters, but everyone else...they just pop in every now and then to chat with the pets.

• Members

Most posters so far just think the stories are repetitive and boring, without enough to go around.

I disagree.

I would go further and say yeah that's a problem, but my real problem with Jean P. is that she only cares about dark, depressing, twisted characters and relationships.

She doesn't give you anyone to root for, because everyone she writes for either is twisted or becomes twisted. Thus, Dusty shot Craig in cold blood and still doesn't feel any guilt over it. Paul tried to smother Craig with a pillow and feels no guilt about it either. Adam kissed his brother's wife Gwen and then treated it afterward like another day at the job.

Also, she lets things happen without tracing their repercussions. For instance, Lucy left town with Johnny last week, but we didn't see Lily or Luke's reaction to this. Earlier, we didn't see Barbara finding out about Paul's baby dying. This is Soap Opera 101 to show the passing of news on to people, and Jean P. can't even manage that.

About Paul, I think Jean P. loves writing for Paul because apparently she made her mark in daytime writing for Roger Howarth as Todd Manning on OLTL (another dark and twisted character). She wasn't a headwriter then, but I remember reading she was heavily involved with stuff for Todd.

Dark, twisted, no balance, boring, repetitive, no repercussions ... She needs to go, or work under someone else, but definitely she is not cutting it.

• Members

LMAO!! Jean Passanante's ruining another show. She was AMC's poisoned pill from 2000-2001, being the first HW to send it to the depths of hell it's currently in with McTavish... now she's doing the same to ATWT.

Hee hee hee hee heeee...!

Maybe they can promote Richard Culliton, since he's such a phenomenal (HA!) head writer! :ph43r: I mean, that is what happened at AMC. Passanante was succeeded by Culliton.

• Members

There was something weird today.... "Gary Sunshine" or something like that was credited in the Breakdown Section. That sounds like a psuedonym IMO. Could this be someone being brought in to consult for a few months, then take over? (like Lynn Latham on Y&R.)

And I agree with All My Shadows. I like Passanante, but she needs a co-head writer as she is currently out of ideas and making everything drag on forever.

• Members

I honestly don't know anymore. It's not even the stories I object to, it's the endlessly repetitive dialogue, the same characters interacting day after day, the blatant overuse of generic sets, the unevenly rapid-fire or dragging of stories. (how many four months pregnancies have we had lately? But it takes four months to get to Simon and Katie's Big Bang...and the secret comes out in a week?) I can't blame Pissy for the Slasher story, when it had Goutman's fingerprints all over it, and I thought the direction was horrid and ultimately uninvolving to the viewers.

I could live without Pissy, but I'd hate to lose Goutman, the man's undoubtably innovative and a great director. I think Bloom needs to make some outside Enforcer who coordinates everyone. Right now, everyone seems to be coming from a different angle, and the show suffers. I don't understand why it's so hard, these problems should be easily fixable.

• Members

After today's show I think CBS and PGP are purposely trying to make sure this show does not get re-newed next year, what a shame not one family moment at all during the Christmas show. I am sure if we got any new viewers because of the holiday, they won't be back after watching such trash, it is obvious they do not want new viewers and very obvious that they could careless about the viewers they already have, or did have seeing as I think even more people will drop the show after today's insulting show.

Archived