Nip/Tuck: 14 November

SteveFrame

• Members

WTF has happened to my show. This season started out just great and the last 2 weeks have been awful. I actually enjoyed last weeks a little better than this weeks. Tonight's show was a big BORE!!!!!!!!

I have always hated how the writers of Nip/Tuck drop things for several weeks and then go back to them. They did that alot with the Slasher story, but 2 weeks ago the show went off with the black girl killing her husband and taking his kidney. Now for 2 weeks it has not even picked back up with her at all. Damn I want to know what happened with that story.

Also what happened to the Christian exploring his possible gay side and feelings for Shawn. It was heavily loooked at the first few weeks, and then just dropped. It is like who was writing the show the first part of the season is not even writing anymore.

When the show came back this year, for the first time since season 2 I was watching both episodes on Tuesday night just in case I missed something, and then tuning in again on Sunday night.

Well I definitely didn't last week, and definitely won't be this week.

At least the preview for next week shows to be a little more exciting, but tonight and last week just stunk to high heaven.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I assumed these past two episodes was so they could write Julia out?

The rest of the season sound horrible! I wonder if Ryan Murphy had some other people writing the show the last 6 episodes of the season? :unsure:

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Episode 4.12 - Corrine Lubey: This episode features Beatrice Mason a wife and mother in her 60s as well as stunningly beautiful Tatiana. Someone meets with a lawyer. A realtor is also consulted. Christian has his libido put in jeopardy when he is "haunted" by memories of former love interests. This episode will also feature flash forwards. Catherine Deneuve plays Corrine Lubey (previously named Diana) and is said to wear wonderful clothes.

10/25 - Episode 4.13 - Reefer: This is a Christmas episode and it is said no one will ever see Santa the same way after watching this episode.

10/31 - Episode 4.14 - Willy Ward: It seems that we will see Kimber do one of her adult films in this episode. Gina is set to appear and may be somehow involved in the making of the film.

Episode 4.15 - Gala Gallardo (Season finale): Gala is a raven-haired woman with an inviting vulnerability and an undeniable strength. However, Gala has one major flaw: she is married to Escobar Gallardo. Third-year surgical intern Bart is impossibly nervous. A happy couple, similar to Julia and Sean, is also featured. Someone will die; will it be to the hand of the hot European assassin featured in the episode?

• Members

I felt it was. I was expecting to come back with the way the show went off the previous week. It was so exciting but the new characters this season didn't even appear. I don't even remember Liz appearing last week, and we haven't even seen her new hateful girlfriend again. And then Liz didn't even show up this week.

Last week Escobar came back and the show mostly centered on him, and the reveal that Shawn had the affair with Monica, and the 2 weeks together were just talking about the destruction of the Shawn/Julia marriage.

This week they went forward into the future and ages all of them at least 20 years, and the makeup was awful. The story was even worse. There was just nothing exciting about the 2 weeks at all. Even Escobar's return last week was not exciting at all.

• Members

I think Nip/Tuck has ALWAYS done this throughout every season. Second and third especially (Ava would be around for awhile, then dropped, then back for the season finale....same with Carver in season 3). I've just come to accept it....

I thought tonight's was a little interesting and really sad since we now know how the future of our beloved Nip/Tuck characters will turn out.

First, Conner is HOT.

Second, Annie turned out to be 100% certifiable....complete NUTJOB. I personally didn't like that, as I figured Annie was the only sane person in that house at times.

Finally, it is just a sad ending for all. I know in real life, not every story has a happy ending...but still it would have been nice if they ended up being happy.

I agree with Rick though - this episode especially was thrown in and written to facilitate Julia's emergency exit from the show.

Next week, it gets back in the swing of things - but I'm a little sad that Julia had to take Annie and Conner with her...so I guess it'll just be Sean, Christian, and Matt from now on...well and Kimber, Liz, and Michelle.

Oh I am a little upset though that they did drop Christian being gay thing...and obviously he ends up in the future being the single player he's always been, and into girls.

• Members

I seriously hope that the complete shift in writing style (1st few weeks ROCKED....now episodes are continually diminishing in overall 'good'ness)....I just hope all that is just a side effect of Ryan Murphy doing other things and not being able to fully concentrate on the show.

With that said, I hope that someone can step in (if Ryan Murphy does indeed exit from the show) and work wonders with what Murphy has left us with.

• Members

Theres no way in hell two plastic surgeons would look that bad at 60, they just looked awful, shame on the make-up department. Heck most 60 year olds don't look that bad. An why did they pick that annoying actress that played jan brady in the brady bunch movie to play annie?Yuck. Connor was just bland. This episode was the worst episode ever. The only thing I found interesting about the episode is when christian said he was married but now single??? Does he end up marrying michelle?

• Members

i kind of enjoyed tonights episode..I thought it was a nice farewell for Julia...And i love anything that Christine Elise Cox (Jan Brady) is in...she was great this past summer on the lifetime show Lovespring Internation..and i hilliarious as a messed up Annie..

But i really haven't liked the marlowe story..and i hope tonight is the last we see of him..IN fact i'm kind of happy Julia has left, because the Connor story was a real downer..and i miss the more sexual and wild Nip Tuck..Looks like next weeks should be better..

• Members

So glad to know I'm not the only one that thought this episode was downright awful - probably the worst Nip/Tuck episode EVER. <_< I understand Joely Richardson having to leave, but why the flash forwards? Makes me seriously think that this is the final season. :(

Archived