Y&R: Dream or Nightmare for Katherine

• Members

Thanks Oceanview :)

From SOW:

Later this month Y&R will begin a major story when Kay starts having nightmares about a ring and a baby.

"The baby is crying uncontrollably and inconsolably," says JC, "She later sees the ring in an old photo of her and Phillip, but she can't find it anywhere now. It's driving her nuts. She's like, 'What next?' "

A DNA test. The crying makes Katherine question whether or not if Jill is her biological daughter.

"Did Charlotte make a mistake?" poses JC, referring to Jill's adoptive mother.

"Katherine will have DNA done on Jill, and in December we will find out if she is the daughter once and for all. A lot of people have wondered why Katherine didn't do this a long time ago."

Cooper knows the results, but she won't spill. "It's going to be quite exciting," promises the vet, although she admits she was hoping for a different outcome. "I said to Lynn (Marie Lynn Latham, HW), 'Are you sure? Is it too late to change this?' She said it was irreversible since they had already projected so much story from this. I guess it doesn't matter one way or the other."

It does if you're Jill.

My Thought:

I hope after this *major* story these two VETS don't sit back and collect dust again. It's obvious that Jill is going to stay Katherine's daughter and I for one I'm happy they aren't un-doing it.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Drew what did you read that was ridiculous? When Jill learned Katherine was her mother, there was no DNA test, so it's still up in the air.

Besides, the original twist is listed among many fans as one of the worst stories in the history of the show. I personally thought it had potential if written correctly (it wasn't), but most just hate it.

I don't think Latham has done anything this majorly stupid yet.

• Members

But it just seems pointless to undo this now. The only reason the story is being rewritten is to spark a feud betwee Jill and Katherine again. Where's the character development? As much of enemies as Kay and Jill were, they could easily find [!@#$%^&*] to argue about. History doesn't need to be rewritten again. That's what I hate about LML. She's taking us back into history with her storylines and quite frankly, I'm not interested.

• Members

So you're upset that she's exploring history? I thought that was a positive thing. One of the biggest complaints about ATWT is that they rewrite history for just about every storyline.

I can't see whats bad about character driven stories based on their history. This isn;t even a story that was completed, it was quickly dropped after the reveal and since then Katherine and Jill have done nothing. Fans have been asking for a DNA test or for this to be reversed since the thing fell apart.

• Members

Well come on EK4L it wasn't that hard to figure out.

So looks like Kay AND Jill's (SIGH) big story will be wrapped up by December, while the reli...keeps playing on. I wish Y&R could give Kay and Jill separate stories, and still co-exist with one another, like the good old days. The hatred was still there but they did there own things. Plus Jill/Will doesn't seem to be going anywhere. And I'm actually getting tired of the giggling gigolo prosecutor.

• Members

I still don't believe that she is undoing the story, just tieing up the loose ends of the story. I think it is a good thing. Latham did make the promise she wasn't undoing it, but I think the DNA part is a good thing.

I love that she is featuring them finally in their own story. I loved this last week where there was tension in their relationship over Billy. I would love to see more of that. I just loved when Jill told Kay off for what she said to Billy that made him want to leave.

They can still be mother and daughter and have that tension. Maybe if David Tom does take back over the role, they can use him to cause more tension.

• Members

I hope they un-do it, like Gabe has speculated. Fans were incensed not only because the story was weak, but it makes Katherine & Jill's history so icky. I KNOW there can be conflict between a mother & a daughter, but the blood ties bring love into the equation. That's an emotion that never belonged in Katherine & Jill's relationship IMO.

Archived