Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wednesday Pre-empted Soaps...

Featured Replies

  • Member

There was just a scroll at the bottom of the screen here, it said NBC has decided not to air Days today due to Bushy's Press Conference; and it will be back at it's regular time tomorrow......... :angry::rolleyes::angry:

OLTL & ATWT are on right now though........*SIGH* :angry:

  • Replies 40
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member

I bet SoapNet will show it tonight. They always show the same day episode even though the network pre-empted it.

  • Member

The NBC affiliate in Baltimore doesn't air their soaps late at night, and they don't air today's episode tomorrow, they do the episode for that day. So I will miss today's episode. :(

This is why we have 24 hour cable news networks!

  • Member

Yeah they could have just broke in to announce the Rumsfeld news or just had a scroll. That press conference was hilarious but nothing important. I have a feeling Days and AMC will just air today's episode tonight on Soapnet and some unfortunate people will miss it. It sucks but I can see that happening. I don't think soaps like to be a day behind as it means they have to set everything up again for holidays and such so it will be on time. I will admit I hate when a soap is behind too but I know many don't have Soapnet so I am sympathetic to that. We'' see tonight when Sopanet airs the episodes if they are today's or yesterday's. If they are today's, then we know there will be no re-airing tomarrow.

  • Member

I am positive that the networks wont go a day behind, viewers will just have to deal with not seeing one episode. This will most likely screw up the ratings for this week as well, lets not forget that ratings time 8 days from now.

I am positive that the networks wont go a day behind, viewers will just have to deal with not seeing one episode. This will most likely screw up the ratings for this week as well, lets not forget that ratings time 8 days from now.

  • Member

I guess I have to wait till Soapnet tonight, cause my ABC network doesn't re-air soaps, and neither do my CBS or NBC stations <_<

  • Author
  • Member

Ugh - and now GH is going to be pre-empted in the last half hour :(

  • Member

atleast as far as CBS has done things in the past, if the east coast feed of an episode is completely blanked out, they air some old episode in the west and play today's tomorrow.

  • Member

Is Bush still talking? I hate when the news people go over everything he said like we're all too stupid to understand :rolleyes:

  • Member

atleast as far as CBS has done things in the past, if the east coast feed of an episode is completely blanked out, they air some old episode in the west and play today's tomorrow.

  • Author
  • Member

Well at least that was shorter....GH and GL was only pre-empted from 2:30-2:45.

OLTL got 100% of their craptastic episode in today...lucky them. blah

  • Member

Due to the NBC news national preemption on Wednesday, November 8, 2006, here is the updated airdate schedule for "Days of Our Lives" the rest of the year. This is the 263rd time that "Days of Our Lives" has been preempted in its 41 years on the air. Today's preemption pushes back several key dates:

http://members.aol.com/jason47b

New Dates:

Jim Lunsford debuts as Benjy Hawk on Monday, November 13.

Smokey Robinson guests on Wednesday, November 15 and Thursday, November 16.

Billy Warlock's last episode airs on Friday, November 24.

There should be enough lead time to keep Clay Aiken's guest spot for December 22.

UPDATED AIRDATE SCHEDULE

Episode # DAY Airdate

10437 MON 11/6/06

10438 TUE 11/7/06

PREEMPTED WED 11/8/06

10439 THU 11/9/06

10440 FRI 11/10/06

10441 MON 11/13/06

10442 TUE 11/14/06

10443 WED 11/15/06

10444 THU 11/16/06

10445 FRI 11/17/06

10446 MON 11/20/06

10447 TUE 11/21/06

10448 WED 11/22/06

PREEMPTED THU 11/23/06

10449 FRI 11/24/06

10450 MON 11/27/06

10451 TUE 11/28/06

10452 WED 11/29/06

10453 THU 11/30/06

10454 FRI 12/1/06

10455 MON 12/4/06

10456 TUE 12/5/06

10457 WED 12/6/06

10458 THU 12/7/06

10459 FRI 12/8/06

10460 MON 12/11/06

10461 TUE 12/12/06

10462 WED 12/13/06

10463 THU 12/14/06

10464 FRI 12/15/06

10465 MON 12/18/06

10466 TUE 12/19/06

10467 WED 12/20/06

10468 THU 12/21/06

10469 FRI 12/22/06

10470 MON 12/25/06...Christmas Day Episode/Horton Ornaments

10471 TUE 12/26/06

10472 WED 12/27/06

10473 THU 12/28/06

10474 FRI 12/29/06

PREEMPTED MON 1/1/07

10475 TUE 1/2/07

10476 WED 1/3/07

10477 THU 1/4/07

10478 FRI 1/5/07

  • Author
  • Member

^^That gives me hope that maybe AMC will be pushed back?

At least DAYS will re-air! :)

  • Member

I am almost, and I emphasize almost certain that in the past if AMC is pre-empted entirely (as it was today), SOAPnet would run the previous day's episode that night. Then AMC would run a day behind until they made adjustments to realigning the stories however they need to.

If AMC was only partially pre-empted (as in some of the show makes it to air for the ABCD broadcast) then the show would proceed forward without going a day behind, relying on viewers picking up the whole eppy on SOAPnet.

Don't know for sure things will shake out this way now, but I am betting on a today's eppy showing up tomorrow.

  • Author
  • Member

Ok I just read on the ABC Message Boards that AMC was pre-empted in the West Coast for the entire hour, so they should play today's episode tomorrow so there will be no missed episode. Same with DAYS.

I hope this is true for the Central Time Zone.

LMAO - A poster at the ABC message boards says that Bush must love OLTL since he didn't interrupt them...and that is just another reason why Bush sucks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.