Bo and Hope re-establish a sense of intimacy

Kayla wakes up and whispers Steve's name

Steve realizes he must continue pretending he has his memory back

The bartender calls the police when Chelsea cannot pay for martinis

Nick convinces the bartender to let Chelsea walk free

Belle and Shawn return Victor's money

Victor asks to remain part of Claire's life

Hope learns Kayla is awake

Bo figures out the significance of a set of numbers found with Eve Michael's possessions

Kate tells E.J that John warned her about him

Kayla begins to have breathing problems

Sami and Lucas bond

Kate is almost caught in E.J's apartment

Sami flirts with E.J

John rescues Kate

Marlena senses John is keeping something from her

E.J hears a noise and realizes someone was in his apartment

Patrick pampers Hope, to convince her to leave town with him

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Am I the only one who thinks the "long rash" of spoilers is hurting DAYS ratings?

When people know what's going to happen, they often go to the mall or get some work done,

because they already know how the storyline is progressing.

One or two spoilers would be alright, but DAYS just leaks way too much. They're losing viewers

and when you watch the actual shows it's not all that exciting anyway.

• Members

Days has always released that many spoilers to these media outlets-nothing new. The long, in-depth interviews and sweeps previews are new though. I doubt that is that big of an issue with the ratings. The ratings need time not less spoilers. The spoilers are needed and people don't have to read them. There is just as many people that don't even have access to them so that isn't the big factor hurting the ratings.

• Members

Actually, I agree 100% with Gabe. Look how many spoilers there are.

They are way too detailed and there is WAY too many. DAYS/Sheffer should consider toning the spoilers down a bit. They could still give out a lot of them, but they should also consider not detailing them as much. The spoiler should just be said in general. I'll give you an example:

"E.J hears a noise and realizes someone was in his apartment."

Now, I would change that to:

"E.J. hears a noise in his appartment..."

Do the spoilers really have to be detailed that much? It really bothers me, and I guess when you watch the show, it's not that exciting because you already know what's going to happen. That is exactly why I don't read spoilers as much as I used to. I came in this thread, didn't even look at the first post and just responded to the posts. I only went up to the first post to get that one spoiler.

• Members

If network honchos are reading this, here's the spoilers that I would release from this list:

Bo and Hope re-establish a sense of intimacy

Kayla wakes up

Hope learns Kayla is awake

Kayla begins to have breathing problems

Sami and Lucas bond

Marlena senses John is keeping something from her

The fanbases don't need to see anything more than that. Otherwise, they'll start hyperventilating and start asking questions like "why does Chelsea and Billie have so much screentime? Why don't John and Marlena have more airtime? Why aren't there more spoilers with John and Marlena? Why was it necessary for Sheffer to make Billie the interloper in Bo/Hope's relationship AGAIN?" and on and on and on it goes.....

Just give VERY general spoilers so that there'll be less whining going on.....

• Members

Yeah but for what they don't get in spoilers like these they will get from the EE or places that have day to day screencaps and so on. Those sites kill the show more then anything else because they give you everything you need so you don't have to watch the show. Yes, Days needs to tone it down a bit and watch what spoilers they send out but the day to day and EE are the ones that hurt the most.

• Members

That is so true. I think you're right on the money.

I just know that DAYS should be averaging a 2.7 right now and not this crummy 2.4, 2.5

They're missing about 50,000 to 70,000 viewers a week and those people are not watching

Y&R or another soap.

I notice from studying the nielsens that they just disappear and show up every few weeks.

Notice how mysteriously they don't show up for big events like Sami's wedding and stuff. It's

almost like they already read everything that was going to happen and felt they already saw

the show. Then a few days later, you get a single episode at 2.8, then 2.4 the next day.

GL gives few spoilers and they're the most steadily rated soap averages on the air.

Notice their spoilers are "vague" and restrained.

Archived