Days/ATWT/GH: New SOD Cover

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Did you not watch Days of our Lives in the 90s? Deidre Hall and Marlena were a big part of DAYS in the 80s, but in the 90s the show centered around Marlena. This is when Marlena became the top character of the show, joining others like Erica (AMC), Viki (OLTL), Laura (GH) and Reva (GL). When you think of DAYS, you automatically think of Deidre Hall and Marlena.

If you were watching Days of our Lives, then you were watching Marlena.

• Members

I know. I never said when Reilly focused on her, but Reilly did focus on her. Marlena was Reilly's favorite character and since he's been the longest head writer of any other, she's been made the forefront character of DAYS.

• Members

Yeah Marlena was JER's darling during his first run and that was why his second run shocked me. He moved her back to the forefront after her being nothing more then a supporting character under Langan and Higley (B&C had her front burner but were demoted just as Marlena's story began to heat up) but as soon as she hit the island everything went south. She just kept going MIA like Matt Ashford and then we finally got her back in Salem and she goes front burner with amnesia/Alex for awhile but even that story took so many breaks where it wasn't focused on enough to even invest in it especially when Bope/Zach took center stage. Then of course we had to this summer and finally she is getting the material she deserves. I still am in shock that JER completely moved her backburner for that long of a period after the SSK. That just didn't fit with JER. He loved the character and Deidre praised him all the time for the material he was giving her, especially during the SSk story. I don't know what happened but it still amazes me that it happened.

Archived