Our Days in Salem: 0.3

The Light: 0.3

The Island: 0.1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow...we dropped that much.

I knew we would since I had computer issues and the many board outages this week forced me to post mulitple episodes in one day. I thought the ratings report would be out on Saturday night's Drew like last week or am I wrong? Just confused because I don't want to lose an extra day :lol:

• Members

Phoenix, I changed the system a bit. Instead of going from Sunday night until Saturday night the following week, I decided to go from Monday to Friday since most of us post our shows like a weekly soap anyway. It's easier.

Amello, the way the system works is I subtract the individual views at the start of the week from the individual views at the end of the week. Then, I take the total number of views and find the average. Afterwards, I then take the individual views and divide them from the average views and that's how you get your points.

Last week, I took the individual views and divided tehm by the total number of views. Is that how the real ratings work? Something told me to take the views and divide them by the average, but I'm thinking I may have done it wrong. Last week, the numbers were so low, but that may be because this is a board and not national television.

How do the real ratings work?

• Members

Oh ok. I only wish we had advance notice of the change or something because with the board problems this week it was kind of hard to post episodes everyday. I had to post multilple episodes in one day and I figured I would be ok because ratings weren't until Saturday.

I appreciate you doing this Drew. With the board problems and all things got botched up. Do you think next time you could post a notice about making a change like that? I just want to be able to get things in order to get the best ratings possible :lol:

Oh, and the numbers were so low last week Drew because people had major problems getting access to the board and most of us did not have access to it at all Thursday and most of Friday. Some were having trouble earlier in the week too so that is why the numbers were very low.

Oh, and some people read the blogs on weekends so you are kind of excluding some readers. That is one thing I don't like about Monday-Friday. Plus, some don't post episodes until early Saturday mornings or even later so that may be a problem. Just trying to make some suggestions-I do appreciate you doing this though.

• Members

That's not exactly true, Phoenix. King Reilly's blog acutally received a HIGHER rating than last week, before I did the cahnge in the system. So I don't think that this week's malfunctions with the board had anythign to do with the ratings.

• Members

Well, it did if people couldn't access the board to post episodes-as was the case for me Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I am not trying to criticize-I just want to make it known there were issues with the board that caused some problems. I am also concerned about the change and how it excluses people who read on weekends or even post episodes at times on weekends. That is all. :)

• Members

Yeah...good idea Keith.

The ratings could count like Sunday to like Saturday night or something and then be posted on like Sunday night or Monday.

A good deal of people have no time during the week to read the blogs, especially mine :lol: . Therefore, they read on weekends so to exclude those readers may not be the best thing for any of the blogs.

• Members

All right, you've made your point, Phoenix. I find it kind of funny that you're the only one complaining when your blog was the one that decreased in the ratings the most lol, but whatever. :P

I'll change the system again. Blog ratings will go from midnight Sunday until the following midnight Sunday. Happy? :P

• Members

Honestly, it had nothing to do with me. I only spoke out because of the board problems this week and the fact that the change was not counting weekend viewing. That was all. It had nothing to do with a decrease in ratings when I know very well why my blog went down in ratings and that was simply because I couldn't post episodes due to the board being down for two days and having on and off issues all week. when I did post episodes, they were often two at a time so that killed views. Barring any unforseen board problems this week, I know my blog will increase because it has a nice, loyal fanbase so me speaking out had nothing to do with my decrease Drew. It was just doing what was best for everyone :)

• Members

Drew, I love that you are doing this. Hopefully soon all the kinks will get worked out and things will go right along.

I did want to let you know that I will soon be starting a new Soap on my blog. I have wanted to do it for a long time, but didn't have the time. I am not sure if I do now but going to go for it. I am putting some final touches on it now.

The title will be From These Roots, but has nothing to do with the former soap. I just love the name and it fits with my tagline and what I would envision the theme song to be (Flying Without Wings).

Anyway it is not based on one show like many of the other blogs, but will be based on several shows, taking them back to their beginnings and starting all over. Some of the characters will be combined together from various shows. Some will be easy to figure out, some may be a little harder. For instance say Mona Kane from All My Children will be in there but she will be a combination of 5 characters from soap opera history. The stories will follow a basic pattern of what happened to them on their soaps, but with my new take on them. Some characters will be expanded. For instance, Bobby Martin (now called Bobby Gardner) from All My Children will not go into the attic and disappear. He will get his own story for now.

The cast is a pretty big one, but this is my blog, and I want to have a wide variety to work with. I have all my starting characters in place, just working on some casting, and then I will be ready to start hopefully by a week from Monday.

So far the cast includes: Jed Allan, Julia Barr, Ashley Benson, Justin Deas, Jerry Douglas, Jennifer Ferrin, Kelli Giddish, Van Hansis, Jon Hensley, Laura Innes, Judi Evans Luciano, Joshua Morrow, Kate Mulgrew, Michael O'Leary, Ashley Peldon, Shawn Pyfrom, Jack Scalia, Jesse Soffer, and David Tom

Archived