SONBC: Blog Ratings

DrewH

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you so much for doing these ratings Drew. We all appreciate what you are doing.

I'm quite happy that my ratings went up this week. Based on what I have coming up I expect the ratings to hold steady.

Steve, I look forward to reading your blog. :)

• Members

Well, congratulations to everyone!!!!! I am sad to see Salem Lives dropped a bit, but I am glad to see As Days Go By is in third, because it has just started and that shows Drew is talented.

Mabye my plans for revealing who the Mysterious Woman is this week will help boost Life in Salem's ratings....

• Members
I rest my case. I understand that the board had problems Thursday and Friday, but Ryan's blog ratings soared. I didn't post my episodes until Friday night and I was in fourth. Oh well. The format has changed and we'll see what goes down next weekend.

Thanks daysfan! Your blog will increase in ratings this week without a doubt. You have to pull of these big reveals to get readers.

• Members

Congrats daysfan on going up in the ratings. Great job to you and everyone else. And, I also am very happy that the rating will now be from Sunday to Sunday.

That should end all the back and forth on that. I wish everyone a very wonderful November Sweeps period.

• Members

I've never gotten a whole lot as far as ratings go since the start, but as I only post on Fridays, and there was an outage... that really hurt me this week. I've begun to have things prepared to post almost daily to try to up my ratings, but I'm not sure how that's helping me, as of yet. Does anyone have any suggestions, beyond expanding to a weekly (which i doubt I could do)?

• Members

Thanks for the suggestion, Roman, but not unlike weekly, I doubt I could do three episodes, as biweekly was pushing me, too. I really want to stick to writing actual scripts, as I'm one of the few that does it. I'm also attempting to go for a more primetime feel - which doiens't help in a 'market' of 5-days a week. Sigh.

• Members

Keith I wish I could say something to help you. I think the only thing is to increase your episodes but if you don't have the time then obviously you can't. I feel bad for you because I love your blog and I love that it is all in script. I love the script format but I can't do it every day. I do try to mix dialogue in with regular summary to mix things up and I tend to do alot of dialogue (sometimes the whole episode) for HUGE events or reveals. I already do long episodes but those are in summary so with dialogue it would take far too long to do everyday.

I am so lucky to have a good friend and partner in Roman. I know most blogs don't have Co-HW but bringing him in with me was the best decision I ever made. We converse about ideas and plan things ahead. It is great to have someone along side you to share your vision and bounce off ideas off of. Plus, there is always someone to help if I can't do an episode or to take turns writing and such. Sometimes I even ask him to write an episode I feel he can really get into or one that features characters or story that he loves. A partner is a good idea.

That is all I can tell you Keith. I love your blog and hope you continue it but I understand how hard it is to produce one episode, let alone 5 a week. You doing script format makes it even more strenuous but you do it so well. Good luck :)

• Members

I'll make no bones about it - I'm far too proud of what I have planned for at least the year to just give up, but it's tough. From what I can see, I've seemed to have bounced back a bit already this week, but only time will tell if it's enough.

I would absolutely love a full time Co-Head; I've had assistance from some great people, but they, too, have their own blogs to tend to. I thank them profusely for all the help they've lent; their fresh perspective has changed the face of the stories I have planned in a great many ways.

• Members

Keith, let me tell you my feelings.

Earlier this year, when I would sign on to SON and go to the Days posts, I knew Phoenix would ahve posted some thoughts on the days' show or in the spolier section. Phoenix and I dissagreed so passionately, I really thought we would come to blows if we were standing in the same room. laugh.gif But then, I did something I never thought I'd do. I read Phoenix's blog. And, let me tell you, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It realy seemed like it had many elements of classic DOOL. So, I sent Phoenix a PM with some ideas I had wanted to see on Days. And, it just started from there. Phoenix is now a true friend, and one of the finest people I've met while being a member, not to mention being a wonderful writer and storyteller who gets Days just as much as I, you, or any of the true Days fans do. And, I will always thank Phoenix for looking past our many differences of opinions and allowing a novice like myself to share in that vision.

I also thank you for the very kind and humbling words. I am new at writing episodes, aso it's taking some time getting everything down. I just hope that the readers of Salem Lives enjoy our work, as well as all the blogs on SON, because it really shows the passion we all have towards our favorite shows. We love Days, GH, SB, AMC, and the other blogs that don't specialize in any soap, but are done to show off the truly talented people we have as members. It really amkes SON THE finest MB on the net, IMO. smile.gif

Archived