Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALL: Couples' Songs

Featured Replies

  • Member

I know DAYS is famous for it's couples' significant songs that play whenever the couple are together.

Steve and Kayla - The Rose

Bo and Billie - I’ll Make Love to You

Bo and Hope - Can’t Live Without Your Love

Austin and Carrie - I Only Have Eyes for You

Lucas and Sami - Home to Me

Doug and Julie - The Most Beautiful Girl in the World

Tom and Alice - Always

Roman and Marlena - Up Where We Belong

John and Marlena - Unchained Melody

Shawn and Belle - I’ll Be

Shawn and Mimi - You and Me

Abe and Lexie - Here and Now

I am even missing several. Those are just the current couples on the air right now. Like DAYS, do the other soap's couples have special songs. If so, what are they?

  • Replies 36
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member

John & Marlena have a new one, "If It Wasen't For Your Love" (which is good because they butchered Unchained Memory).

  • Member

I think Chloe and Philip's was "I need you" by LeAnn Rimes...

  • Member

On GH, Sonny and Brenda had several important songs that played for them. The most notable was their piano music, a beautiful instrumental piece. There was also "Crazy Love." Also, "Shadows in a Mirror" played for them during angsty scenes in the mid 1990's.

On OLTL, Todd and Blair have also had quite a few songs played for them over the years...the most notable:

* "Unforgettable" played when they first met, and then Blair sang it to Todd in 2002.

* "Simply Love" -- Blair sang this one in 1995, and then it was played during their third wedding.

I'm waiting for my newest favorite couple, OLTL's Nash & Tess/Jessica to get a song that's played for them multiple times. "Feels Like Home" played during their love scene montage back in January -- it's the closest thing they have to a song that is theirs.

  • Member

Neil & Liz on Days had "You Were Always on My Mind"

Shane & Kimberly on Days had "Friends and Lovers"

Cruz & Eden on SB had "The Change in Me Is You"

Joe & Kelly on SB had "If Ever I Fall in Love Again"

PS:

IMO, Bo & Hope's *real* theme is "Tonight I Celebrate My Love for You" -- always was and always will be.

  • Member

On Days, Steve & Kayla also had "Hopeless Romantic" and "If Your Heart Comes Out Tonight." Oh, and "Lady In Red" when they had their fantasy dance. Frankie and Jennifer had "Stand By Me" when they were in highschool.

Luke and Laura had "Fascination." Holly & Luke had "Baby, Come To Me"--that song received a lot of radio play when GH started using it, the show was still astronomically popular then. A lot of people bought the record after hearing it on GH. I did, lol. Even when I hear that song today, I think of it as Luke and Holly's theme.

Actually, from hearing them used on soaps, I also bought Hopeless Romantic, The Woman In Me (Steve & Kayla's rooftop sex), And You, My Love (GH's Ryan and Felicia).

  • Member

I remember Shane and Kimberly's song "Friends and Lovers" was extremely popular. It was one of four songs that was played that summer that I was at camp.

Wasn't GH's Frisco and Felicia's song "All I Need"? My mind is escaping me today.

  • Member
Wasn't GH's Frisco and Felicia's song "All I Need"? My mind is escaping me today.

Frisco sang that one for Tania, before Tania and Tony got together, lol. Felicia's song was "Lady of My Heart."

I almost forgot. Robert and Anna had Stevie Wonder's "All In Love Is Fair."

  • Member

GH

Jason and Sam - "Just You and Me"

Lucky and Liz - "Where you Are"

  • Member

Actually, on Days, Carrie and Austin's first song was "Here, There, Everywhere" by the Beatles.

"I Only Have Eyes For You" came later.

  • Member

Well I know ABC has been recycling thier songs for a while now. They play Rie Sinclair's "Where You Are" every other day for Jason and Sam and Lucky and Elizabeth. I think they also used it for Jax and Carly. They also play that Jasam song endlessly. The one with the male vocal and the guitar.

AMC also used Sinclair's song for JR and Babe.

Chasing Cars was used recently for Josh and Babe and Ryan and Kendell. If that counts.

  • Member
PS:

IMO, Bo & Hope's *real* theme is "Tonight I Celebrate My Love for You" -- always was and always will be.

ICAM. If you hadn't said it, I was going to.

And to be perfectly frank, "Lady in Red" was always Steve & Kayla's song.

Also, Frankie & Jennifer's was "Stand By Me"

  • Member

I know Steve and Betsy on ATWT had a song. I want to say it was "Nobody Loves Me Like You Do."

  • Member
And to be perfectly frank, "Lady in Red" was always Steve & Kayla's song.

Also, Frankie & Jennifer's was "Stand By Me"

I've always held that "If Your Heart Comes Out Tonight" is Steve/Kayla's *primary" love theme. "Lady in Red" (which became a huge hit after being featured on Days, I believe) and "The Rose" are secondary themes.

Also, on SB, Mason & Julia's theme was "Never Thought That I Could Love" by Dan Hill. There was a humerous sequence which I have on tape where they're fighting (or have been fighting) and on the way to Cruz & Eden's wedding and that song is playing on every radio and they can't escape it. Their facial expressions are hysterical!

I believe the song "Always" was also Chris & Nancy's song on ATWT. It seems like that's the song of every soap matriarch/patriarch. :lol:

IMO, I miss the days when soap couples had dedicated love themes. In my head, certain songs are forever associated with certain couples and hearing those songs always brings a smile to my face.

  • Member

thought of another one- B&B's Ridge & Brooke theme is "Unforgettable"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.