Vanished 2.1/5

7th Heaven 1.6/4

Men In Trees (Repeat) 1.6/4

Runaway 0.7/2

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For another week Media Week noted that Studio 60 lost another 2 million viewers at the half hour mark. I'm not too sad about it because I expected it. Had NBC not spent so much promoting, on huge stars like Matthew Perry and that over the top set these ratings might be more promising. Starting out with such a huge budget is never a good idea considering they only get higher as the seasons progress.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Sep 26 2006, 05:51 PM)

For another week Media Week noted that Studio 60 lost another 2 million viewers at the half hour mark. I'm not too sad about it because I expected it. Had NBC not spent so much promoting, on huge stars like Matthew Perry and that over the top set these ratings might be more promising. Starting out with such a huge budget is never a good idea considering they only get higher as the seasons progress.

I don't know what they expect when they base the entire premise of the show on the controversial "Crazy Christians" skit and then don't show it. Why are we supposed to care when they tease but don't reward?

• Members

Don't forget about ESPN on Monday nights now because they have Monday night football and are beating the networks in prime time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2603986

ESPN draws largest audience for Saints homecoming

BRISTOL, Conn. -- The emotional and triumphant return of the New Orleans Saints to the Superdome for the first time since Hurricane Katrina ravaged the city attracted the largest audience in ESPN's history and the biggest audience of the night among all television networks, broadcast or cable.

The Saints-Falcons game, the third Monday Night Football broadcast of the 2006 season, was watched in 10,850,000 homes, garnering an 11.8 rating. It was the third time in three weeks that Monday Night Football set such a high-water mark and the second time the network won the night in primetime. ESPN also was No. 1 among prime-time viewing on MNF's opener Sept. 11.

The Saints' 23-3 victory over Atlanta in a matchup of previously 2-0 teams was viewed by the second-largest audience in the history of cable television. It was also the first time ESPN has delivered an average of more than 10 million homes for a telecast.

"It was an honor to document a truly spectacular evening, and we're pleased to have been able to tell the full New Orleans story to so many," George Bodenheimer, president of ESPN and ABC Sports, said in a statement.

Also for the third week, MNF boosted ratings throughout the day for ESPN including the highest-rated and most-watched Monday Night Countdown and provided a major boost to ESPN.com and its new "Monday Night Surround" content. ESPN's four MNF games so far are cable television's best ratings and largest audiences of the year.

ESPN.com NFL and "Monday Night Surround" content viewed on computers and wireless devices generated more than 27 million page views Monday, a 39-percent increase over page views from a year ago.

• Members

Studio 60 is losing viewers after just one week. That is not good. I didnt like the show.

The class has very low ratings. I think they should cancel it. I watched it the first week in hopes it would be good since John Ritter's son was on it. The show was dull and boring. I didnt laugh once.

How I met ur mother has low ratings as well. I cant get into the show either. I think both shows should be axed for better programming.

• Members

The numbers for Studio 60 are not bad, but disappointing. This week kicked last week's episode's ASS. It will get better with time as West Wing did, which didn't really impress me in the beginning. JMO.

Yay Heroes! Although I do have a feeling their ratings will also dip a bit. It's so good to see NBC having high rated shows again.

Archived