PSNS: Secrets Revealed

R!ck

• Members

Courtesy of Cliff at Soapcentral

Another PSNS Interactive Mystery is back just in time for the Fall Season.

JT Cornell returns on OCtober 5th to show E/T/G/J the latest headline-making tabloid cover they're on.

Gwen and Jared are livid, and Ethan and Theresa are worried, The mystery heats up as a lot of Harmony' secrets are about to come crashing down on the secret keepers when.......................

PassionsTabloidTruth.com makes its launch.

For the next 12-15 weeks Fans of the NBC soap PSNS willl be releasing their inner rag-mag reporter inside all of us and play along and solve the mysteries of whose secrets will be coming out this fall.

In the article Reilly indicates he didnt expect JT or the mystery to start up so soon, but realized that spicing it up was needed this fall on PSNS.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, Passions Red was pretty good. The identity was predictable but it was good and had a good climax. The fallout sucked since they did absolutely nothing with Rachel. Vendetta was the opposite. They story sucked but the fallout was good.

I don't think this one will flop because it is not a mystery with a monk or mystery person at the center and it is going to actually move stories forwardit seems with big revelations(I beleive Ethan learns Little Ethan is his next week). If this lives up to the hype, I see Ivy being exposed.

If Passions move stories forward like it seems they will with this, they will get a bump. Probably not a 2.0 (unless this leads to something huge for the holidays when Passions always does well) but it would have some impact. We will see. Passions has disappointed most of the time when they promised something big like this but this does sound promising for what it is and I absolutely love Sabatino and JT so I am for this. I just hope it sounds as good as it is.

• Members

KR, uh uh. This will be HUGE. I predict it.

And FYI: It's not just about ratings. These stunts are just about advertisers. Notice how all these ads run before the videos? NBC is raking it in. It helps keep the show on the air. Hell, the show probably doesn't even need to get back in the 2's if they keep successfull online ventures. (Not that I don't want them back up where they belong, just saying). So, it's a smart and practical business decision.

And it is sure to be HIGHLY entertaining.

I can't f'in' wait!! :wub:

• Members

JSF is right. While the ratings so suck for these online things, it is good business and they do rake in the dough. I mean the online events are usually sponsored by some hair shampoo or something so the advertisers. NBC seems to like it as they are doing that Cove thing in the Spring so this must be working.

I do think the show needs to get a little bump out of this and I think it will if it plays out anything like it sounds. This is not like the other online ventures and, again, it is good business to do these things.

• Members

I'm not thrilled by another computer game tie-in because they seem to focus on story even less to concentrate on what'll play well online. It eliminates part of the fun of a soap mystery where you as the viewer know what's going down but the characters on-screen don't. And really, imho, they need to hone their abilities to craft a full storyline before throwing another stupid mystery at us.

Also, I don't care to play at who's secrets are coming out this fall. Just freakin' show it, don't undo it (like the Evian child reveal), and don't make it have absolutely no impact (like the tabloid reveal during Vendetta).

Oh, and from my perspective the other online things have a mixed outcome, but definitely aren't successes. It's still a tv show, it lost a ton of viewers. If there had been a better balance- staying even ratings-wise while drawing people to a stupid website- then I'd call it a success. Plus it's tough to imagine pulling a lot of people to a website when the main draw, the main way you'd learn about the stupid website, has lost so many viewers.

I'm glad others are intrigued, though.

• Members

That's a fact as John Black would say

Just like Y&R will never break a 5.0 again and B&B/DAYS/GH/ATWT will never break a 4.0 again. As the ratings point/share continue to rise the HH #s will keep getting lower no matter what's being told on screen. Sad :(

Archived