AMC: Megan Mctavish's E-mail Doesn't Work/Is She Gone?/Sweeps (Merged Threads)

• Members

What I find most interesting about this whole affair is this is now twice people have reported her being gone and sounding pretty confident about that departure and now both times the validity of the inside scoop is being questioned.

Do I think Megan is out? At this point no I still think she is very much involved with AMC.

Will she be gone soon? I do think so just based on all the stuff floating out there.... or perhaps a co-HW will come in.

Whatever the case ABC needs to look at those ratings and know they have a very very small window of time to fix these things. They pretty much told the fans to shut up because what they say gors. Dangerous territory.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was questioning "Jackie's" credibility from the word GO!

Burton Armus? Are you serious? An ex-cop whose resume consists of shows focusing on male action/adventure characters and police dramas writing for All My Children?

What next? Robert Guza, Jr. to take over head writing duties at Sesame Street? :rolleyes:

If anything, Armus would've been linked to One Life -- IF ANYTHING (a.k.a. if Jackie actually had the info they claimed to have).

But whatever. People wanted to get their hopes up and now all of a sudden, it's October, Jackie has been gone for weeks and McTavish's sexually repressed misogynistic ass is firmly planted in AMC's writing room at the head of the round table.

• Members

There were actually more people here saying she wasn't leaving, including myself, but whereas I knew the Jeff and Amanda thing wasn't true from day 1, even I came to embrace the Burton Armus stuff for a while. And it may still come to pass, but not just yet.

I think Britney and Jackie were one and the same. Having said that however she clearly has some connections to the show. So I don't know what was going on there.

What I'd like to know is when did ABC start getting so involved? Are the teens and guest pop starts and endless montages what they thought would save the show, or what they think the show needs saving from?

Oh my goodness that Guza/Sesame Street comment is hilarious. I'm not nerely creative enough but I think some of the posters here could have some fun laying out what that would be like.

• Members

I heard a while back Frons had contacted Labine when he first took over and she flat out refused to work under him. Just rumour though. She would want more creative control than Frons is willing to give.... Frons needs to get a clue.

Latham may be doing questionable things at Y&R but at least the power is where it should be.... with the people actually working on the show.......

• Members

Jackie wasn't the only person who claimed Burton Armus was coming in, though. Our reliable administrator at this site, Errol, also said so. Later on, Errol reported that ABC was displeased with Armus' bible and might move him to OLTL instead.

I think Jackie's info was accurate at that time. I also have to wonder if she was caught disseminating insider information online and fired because of it since she has all but disappeared lately.

• Members
I agree, I think Jackie did have the accurate information for that particular time, things just changed. She was always posting things like, as of now, or as of last week she never said that thiings could not change.

Well Errol said that Armus wrote a bible for AMC so obviously he was brought in for AMC. Unless you think he is wrong as well because I really doubt that.

• Members

I find it very hard to believe that ABC kept the Armus thing such a tightly held secret, finally notified Megan and fired a quarter of the writing team in early September (Taylor, Bugler and Hayes), and then a week or so later changed their minds and rehired everyone. That's hard to swallow.

• Members

I am going to believe Errol on this one. SON has been very accurate in the past. They have reported things before other sources and boards. And a lot of times they aren't believed at first. For example, they reported that Rebecca Budig was leaving AMC months before any announcement. Tons of people thought that wasn't true and it was.

Why would the fact the McT could have been fired be know to a lot of people, especially if they weren't 100% sure about Burton Armos??? I imagine only a select few inside peope knew this info. I do believe you have inside sources LookingGlass but your sources may not know everything. And I have heard the info about November being a critical month for AMC/ABC soaps from another source I trust.

I have to believe that TIIC are trying to fix their ABC soaps. And what better way than to fire McTavish. I hope that Frons goes too. The only way that I will ever watch AMC again is if she is fired.

• Members

Jackie could only have gotten caught if she was stupid enough to commit company treason on her office computer. If she posted from home or the library, they'd have no idea it was her. For all we know, Jackie could be a man.

Who knows? I'm cynical. To me, it just seems like "Jackie" went ahead, spun his/her tales and then disappeared like a thief in the night once October came.

We still have another couple of weeks before we see any signs of the Taylor, Hayes and Buglar "news" being true -- being that the atrocious Courtney Buglar just had a script air this last week.

• Members

Now that I have read the November sweep previews from McTavish, I fear that LookingGlass is right and we will be stuck with McTavish. I thought for sure ABC was going to get rid of her but now I think that she is going to be writing for AMC at least until April of next year or maybe even longer. I really hope I am wrong about this and Jackie/Errol are right about her being replaced soon.

I just don't understand what will bring around change for ABC soaps. Record low ratings didn't do it. Viewer compliants didn't matter. AMC is truly dead.

• Members

I've been hoping since the summer my info was wrong, and I began to think I was being lied to by my source but now I know I was being told the truth. That Megan wasn't leaving, that the filming style was staying etc. when other "insiders" were saying otherwise.

Anything can happen in the future, however people really need to start accepting the idea that Brian Frons' plans for AMC may not include its success.

I don't know what Megan told the magazines about sweeps, but I know what's coming and AMC is going to be slaughtered. It's just going to be the same old stuff from the past few months.

But here's the interesting thing: In Megan's defense she had something bigger planned for sweeps which I believe involved a certain actress that helped bump the show up this time last year, but Frons shot it down.

Really makes you wonder.

• Members

LookingGlass, what do you think the chances are that Frons' job is on the line?? If ABC really wants to get back on track in the next six months, then I don't think Frons is the one to do it. If November is a very critical time for the ABC soaps and AMC blows, then wouldn't he be responsible for not bringing in another HW? He should be fired along with the HW's from AMC and OLTL.

So the stuff coming up is as boring as it sounds in the November previews? And they past up on a chance to have Janet from another planet on the show???? Maybe Frons really does want AMC canceled. Let's hope he gets fired first.

Archived