The 8 most memorable soap serial killers

• Members

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was gonna make a thread about this but was too lazy :P :lol:

This paragraph is perfection: Days of Our Lives will be celebrating the show’s 50th anniversary this fall, with a serial-killer story set to knock off several contract players and perhaps even a few returning fan favorites. (Which sounds like the opposite of a historical celebration to me. Then again, General Hospital commemorated its 52nd anniversary this past April by totally rewriting several characters’ histories, so maybe spitting in long-term fans’ eyes is the new hip thing.)

• Members

The only reason they mentioned GL's Garden of Eden murders is because of Matt Bomer. Omitting non-US soaps in such a column though I understand as EW is primarily a site for North American readers. If you only think about soaps that US fans can watch legally, most have only been available for under 5 years except for short term experiments (like BBCA's airing of Hollyoaks and Oxygen showing Neighbours, both lasted less than a year). Eastenders was shown on some local PBS stations prior to 2000 for a longer period of time. 

Most people who post with EW Community don't get paid for their articles. If I was writing a serial killer list, I wouldn't include anything from EON as even though they were known for murder mysteries the show has been gone for over 30 years and I never saw it.  (I didn't have a fast enough connection when it was on AOL, so to see it I would have to be watching it the gray way.) You could always tweet Alina Adams and ask her why she did't include EON. With ATWT, if I had to chose a murderer I'd go for Doug as people who watch prime time may be familiar with John Wesley Shipp and Julianne Moore was also a part of the story. 

Archived