GH: July 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a very strange and weirdly sad coda to Ron Carlivati's tenure, and firing, that this is how Luke went out the day after his own dismissal. Redeeming Luke and reuniting Luke and Laura were Ron's biggest dream from the day he started at the show - you even had Starr and Cole from OLTL retelling their grand love story to each other. I think it was his great white whale, and his instinct there was correct. But he could never get it past Tony Geary.

I think Ron might have been able to rally and push FV and the network more, to lean on Geary, the show's biggest star to accept the necessity of the show's biggest supercouple, the way he and Frank once did in a similar situation at OLTL (and which I will always be very grateful to them for) - if only he hadn't let the rest of his GH collapse in a mess of ego bias, stubborn personal favorites and meandering, eternal storylines he has refused to conclude for years because he became convinced he was the light and way of daytime in the new millennium. RC became so obsessed with the OLTL struggle, with Franco and Nina, with Obrecht and his endless legion of villains, with the mutating Fluke story that was changed up to taunt the audience. He spent all the goodwill and capital he had with the audience, with the network, with his EP who, whatever people want to say on social media, has almost certainly been his closest advocate and has shielded him from various network regimes. By the time it was all over, he had absolutely nothing left to write a proper "final Spencer adventure" story, or to even get Luke a half-decent sendoff on his last day.

Today they're both gone, in a whimper. It didn't have to be like that, but Ron bought his own ticket.

• Members

Not happy with the sendoff. As someone that literally grew up watching Luke/Laura, I at least expected some flashbacks...The Wedding, Laura on the mansion lawn...Texas...their 93 return, Luke/Tracey,Luke/Skye, Luke/Holly., Luke/Felecia, Luke/Helena(1,3), With such a vault of treasures, why they didn't utilize these, I mean seriously...No Luke/Scott scene? So much I would have done before (for weeks) Geary left...Thank Gawd the Luke/Bobbi flashback...I would have at least thrown in Luke/Robert...Horrendous sendoff for an icon (who I agree was long past his expiration date....but he brought notoriety and buzz for whatever he did on the show). His 35+ years deserved better than this paltry sendoff..Shame on you Ron. You deserve that pink slip just for f ucking this departure up...

On another front, I enjoyed Maxie giving it back to Madeline. Mills plays Madeline like Abby(which I love)...and it was good to see Maxie stand up for herself, rather than just Nathan's f uckbuddy....

Valerie isn't working. It's not Sarpy's fault(though she needs a coach)...the character was ill-conceived, and the story with Dante is horrible.

Duh-nee-se reveal needs to occur yesterday...

• Members

Just got done with today's show. See ya, Tony, you egomaniac. I fast forwarded through the Nina/Ric/Woodcock, Kiki/Ava/Franco scenes. BS is an absolutely dreadful actress, followed closely by Emme. I wanted Morgan to bend Dillon over the pool table...that's what those scenes were supposed to make feel, right? Donna Mills ripping KS' Maxie apart was glorious.

• Members

I never saw Billy Miller on Y&R, but I'm very happy he was brought in as Jason. The former actor was like watching a cigar store wooden Indian, and BM gives the character depth, emotion, and a certain amount of charm. I think he's doing a great job.

• Members

I would cut almost all of RC's creations, except Sabrina (who is currently decent in her new romance with Michael but could always go later, and they're not going to fire her right now anyway since Teresa Castillo is pregnant) and Valerie, who has potential with better writing. I would try to salvage Ava. Nathan can either go on recurring or be killed by his mother as part of their exit story. Beyond that, they're the Class of Nuke 'Em High.

Forgot to add: I would be willing to spare Brad depending on good story. I have some affection for the character but he is also expendable.

Archived