Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thougt the exact same. Also the cadence in Howard's line delivery was remeniscent of Hagman's JR. He was marvelous. So was TPH. That was the episode I've been waiting on. Reminded me so much of last season's greatness

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

Yes, and I don't compare anyone to The Great JR Ewing lightly, but I was in awe!!!!!

At the end when he told them "y'all keep acting like y'all don't know who I am", I was done.  That was so damn good and its something I say weekly when folks act surprise when Luscious does some dirty shi!t.  Why are they surprised?  Then folks want to act like Cookie ho ass is a victim when she busted up Luscious' party at Leviticus?  How quickly we forget.  Luscious is just much better at being bad!  

Can Valentina get shot, please?  Who is Becky G and why should I GAF?  

• Members

I didn't think of that but it'd be great. Fre should find out that Luscious killed her father and that Cookie basically asked him to. These things can not just be left dangling. It must come out. 

Cookie isn't a victim. She can hold her own against Lucious. However, I do like that they give Cookie more heart than him. A matriarch should have heart and care about holding her family together. I thought it was great when Cookie wanted for Andre what he wanted for himself (going back to Empire) although it wasn't what was best for her and her company. 

I do have one gripe though. Lucious can win them all. Otherwise the show will cease being interesting. Cookie must win sometimes. 

We got Becky G caucause Latino whined sboutsvsboutsvng more if a presensepresence on the show and it's economically advantageous for show runners to listen. Trying to increase the Latino share. 

Edited by ajsp35801
I

• Members

My mouth literally was on the floor in shock. The dialogue was so on point this episode and I loved it all from start to finish. Andre though is really coming across as pathetic with this desperate need to get back into Empire. Boy get a hint and move on.

Lucious scared me when he hugged him and then called him out lol.