Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Prospect Park Sues ABC Over ‘One Life To Live’ & ‘All My Children’ Licensing Agreement

• Please log in to reply
725 replies to this topic

#1 Marco Dane

Marco Dane

Llanview's best PIMP!

• Members
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

UH OH

I KNEW SOMETHING WEIRD WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

http://www.deadline....sing-agreement/

Edited by Silver Lord, 18 April 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#2 John

John

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

I heard this may happen. Im not sure what PP will get soncce ABC is creating new roles for KA, ME and RH. Unless aBC was doing other things as well.

#3 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

It's not just about OLTL though.  My guess is PP is retaliating for losing the battle with the actors/performer. 

#4 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,377 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Ugh I think they have a point--but I kinda wish PP would just take the high road and drop it.  I suppose this can't really interfere witht he future of the show on PP though--can it?

#5 Vee

Vee

A Chinchilla Of Doubt

• Members
  • 10,308 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Oy.

#6 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Ugh I think they have a point--but I kinda wish PP would just take the high road and drop it.  I suppose this can't really interfere witht he future of the show on PP though--can it?

The shows have yet to air, so is PP a bit premature?  What are their damages?  Kind of hard to measure when the audience has not seen the product.

#7 All My Shadows

All My Shadows

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Oh my [!@#$%^&*] god. They need to just pick their damn battles on move the freak onnnn.

#8 marceline

marceline

This is not some one way mirror

• Members
  • 8,790 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

I'll be interested to see what prompted this.

Edited by marceline, 18 April 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#9 Vee

Vee

A Chinchilla Of Doubt

• Members
  • 10,308 posts

I'd have to know more about the case. I'm sure GH has been dragging its heels and may very well have pulled some [!@#$%^&*]. And 99% of the audience is not going to know or give a [!@#$%^&*] about this suit. But I still think it's best to leave it be.

#10 Marco Dane

Marco Dane

Llanview's best PIMP!

• Members
  • 3,114 posts

I hope the Judge doesn't do a "Cease and Desist" and halts production and the airing of the shows

#11 Vee

Vee

A Chinchilla Of Doubt

• Members
  • 10,308 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

I hope the Judge doesn't do a "Cease and Desist" and halts production and the airing of the shows

That's not going to happen.

#12 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,377 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

Surely someone would settle before that--I mean ABC would have to do the same with GH, if it's even possible.

DOes anyone know what the license agreement was?  I know they had to start production within a certain timeframe.  But--do they have to renew the license (if these shows are a hit) every year?  Every five?  Indefinitely?

#13 John

John

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,940 posts

Nope. PP has kept up their end of the Bargain. ABC was creating issues. This is just a monetary thing & itll probably get settled.

#14 Nothin'ButAttitude

Nothin'ButAttitude

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Hmm. . . I'm a bit skeptical about this article. I mean I believe it, but I find it odd they're filing suit within days of the shows premiere. . . Can someone say scandal = press coverage = ratings. Mmm hmm. . . happy.png

#15 John

John

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

Surely someone would settle before that--I mean ABC would have to do the same with GH, if it's even possible.

DOes anyone know what the license agreement was?  I know they had to start production within a certain timeframe.  But--do they have to renew the license (if these shows are a hit) every year?  Every five?  Indefinitely?

This may have more to do with ABC borrowing Starr, John & Todd

#16 Marco Dane

Marco Dane

Llanview's best PIMP!

• Members
  • 3,114 posts

What the hell has ABC been doing???

Prospect Park claims that ABC has been breaking the licensing agreement and sabotaging Prospect Park’s efforts to continue AMC and OLTL online.

Edited by Silver Lord, 18 April 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#17 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,553 posts

Hmm. . . I'm a bit skeptical about this article. I mean I believe it, but I find it odd they're filing suit within days of the shows premiere. . . Can someone say scandal = press coverage = ratings. Mmm hmm. . . happy.png

Very good possibility!

#18 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

This may have more to do with ABC borrowing Starr, John & Todd

Something that PP agreed to and was paid for it.  PP's mistake is that they went into negotiations over sharing the characters and that didn't work.  They simply should have said the characters come back as of 03/xx/13 - THE END.  Instead they wanted the actors/performer more than they cared about the characters. 

This looks like sour grapes to me. 

#19 Vee

Vee

A Chinchilla Of Doubt

• Members
  • 10,308 posts

Prospect Park claims that ABC has been breaking the licensing agreement and sabotaging Prospect Park’s efforts to continue AMC and OLTL online.

That doesn't mean anything. It could well be a legitimate complaint and they may or may not have done something deliberately brazen re: the actors or characters, which are intellectual property. Nothing would surprise me with the way GH has mishandled this. But PP - while I profoundly appreciate what they're doing with AMC and OLTL - is also not exactly known for the soft touch. So this may just be a very hamfisted tactic to try and shut down GH's recent moves with the actors and the pointless new characters. There's no way to know yet who's at fault.

Edited by Vee, 18 April 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#20 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 24,606 posts

It's not just about OLTL though.  My guess is PP is retaliating for losing the battle with the actors/performer. 

I think so too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users