OLTL: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

I'd rather not make this into more "OLTL vs. AMC" crap. I think both shows look to have a very promising start. I'm very excited about what I see coming out of AMC.

Farah (like myself) believed PP was a con job. We both had good reason to think that, but I definitely don't need her rushing back. And I still kind of liked Gigi in 2011.

Scott and Madison were a sweet couple who didn't exactly scream drama. If all the same situations and people were in place from fall 2011 I'm sure they could have generated a fair amount of story with them, but I don't need them around right now. I'm sure one or both of them will appear again sometime in Chandler-related storylines, and then it'll be for the right reasons, with a real purpose.

Asher and Caleb were good ideas poorly executed. I didn't mind the actors, not even Trent Garrett, but they weren't exactly riveting television. Could they maybe even reappear sometime for Cortlandt stuff, though? Sure, but do you need them? Nope. Not unless you want to recreate the Kreizman-era AMC - and frankly, there's next to zero people who have any interest in that. It may have had some decent, low-key stories and ideas, but there was also plenty of crap. And the bottom line is it was not commercially successful and it helped the show into cancellation. That's the honest truth. And this should really be in the AMC thread, though jfung brought it up here.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually no, I didn't bring it up to that level, EricMontreal and now you did.

I was praising OLTL for approaching its cast and for hiring a tested and reliable actor in Robert Gorrie to play Matthew. AMC mention was tangential to my post. EricMontreal chose to dispute my praise for OLTL.

• Members

How 'bout we just talk OLTL here. AMC there. And not compare and bicker about the two. Please.

I have no interest in seeing his AMC revived. It was coma inducing. I may have liked some of the characters not brought back, only because I find they could have potential but it's not a big whoop to me.

Anyway ... back on OLTL

• Members

Farrah changed her mind--in her tweets when this reboot was announced she very clearly seemed to be waiting by the phone, tweeting while drinking her misspelled Heineken beers. Others who said they wouldn't be back last year changed their mind for this reboot, so...

Walt honestly is the only major long term actor from AMC I can think of at the moment (I'm meaning contract actors) who seemed willing to be on the show but wasn't approached (and I kinda get why, although he could have been a great uncle figure for Miranda I suppose.) You are greatly exagerating the contrast about AMC just dumping all these beloved, poor actors, while OLTL is bending over backwards to bring "theirs" all on the show. (Sorry, I just can't with you calling OLTL 'your' show lol.)

Anyway--I do enjoy your posts, but this bee in your bonnet is getting on my tits. :P

I was hoping for something by now too--but I suppose that's a bit premature. Friday seems a good day to release it.

• Members

I did. Because it seemed to be your point. You came on here--a show you said you'd never watched, and congratulated OLTL fans for loving a show that respected its actors and didn't just crap on them and "dispose" them like AMC. If it was indeed tangential, then it could have just been dropped knowing what's happened with such a discussion the past few days.

ANYWAY--sorry, I'm done. Maybe we should just create a AMC 2.0 vs OLTL 2.0 thread tongue.png Sorry guys.

I need a timeframe, please :) (I feel like I'm starting to sound like that poster who used to freak out every hour on the ratings thread when they hadn't been posted yet...)

• Members

Seriously if you guys don't like what this poster says, just ignore it. He stated an opinion, then got jumped on for it. This board is getting to where people can't state an opinion anymore without getting their heads torn off. I feel like sometimes we're at SOC not SON :shudder::

Anywho can't wait for pics and things from the press junket :D

Archived