Y&R: Burton explains his return TV

22 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Wow. I kinda liked that interview.

Posted · Report post

Now we see why he wore those shirts. He's even more bloated in full-sleeved plaid.

Posted · Report post

Whatever, dude. I am such a cynic. Oh well, as long as he is not on GH any more.

Posted (edited) · Report post

You know, I'm always curious about soaps in transition, so I have been peeking at Y&R of late and it's kind of at least diverting to me as a relative non-viewer. I don't think it's good per se, but it's got some intriguing things. They finally have Jack and Phyllis sharing time together again, which is good. I find the choice to showcase Jessica Collins and Avery so much to be so strange and random - not that she's a bad actress but it seems like such an odd, unexpected move that bears watching - and I like that they actually hired more men of color. The new Noah still looks way too old and appears to be wearing a wig. I'm always curious to watch JFP work and slowly assimilate her soaps like the Borg.

So I'll probably take a look at Steve's debut, even though I can't stand him.

Edited by Vee

Posted · Report post

Whatever, dude. I am such a cynic. Oh well, as long as he is not on GH any more.

LOL! Agreed - it will make my check in to General Hospital that much easier. I am looking forward to watching again with all the returns sans Jason Morgan.

Posted · Report post

I actually liked the interview...shocking. I'm ready to see what he can do.

Posted · Report post

Is that subject line for real? Didn't read the interview, not gonna. But he's only been off our screens since October 2012!

Posted · Report post

LOL it's real, that's how TV Guide worded it :rolleyes:

They act like he's been off tv for like a year

Posted · Report post

and I like that they actually hired more men of color.

Hiring them is one thing.

Using them is another.

Posted · Report post

Hiring them is one thing.

Using them is another.

Have they at all? Are the actors any good? Or just a couple of high yellow brothers meant to appeal to "that Black audience"?

Posted · Report post

Have they at all? Are the actors any good? Or just a couple of high yellow brothers meant to appeal to "that Black audience"?

I think their both really good. They have also been on a good bit but I can't tell where either character is headed.Most of the hires under JFP have been superior to MAB's, but that's just me.

Posted · Report post

Was MAB ever really a "producer" though? I always pegged her placement at Y&R as "A rich man's wife who was bored so he gave her one of his subsidiaries to play with to keep her from whining" type of situations.

Posted · Report post

One (Tyler) is being used as a temporary speed bump for Lane (and a convenient solution against certain controversies).

The other (Mason) hasn't been paired with anyone yet (but he'll be the unsuccessful part of a love triangle with two white characters in a couple of months)

In six months both he & Tyler will be fighting Devon for Roxy in a backburnered story before they're both are made recurring & subsequently fired.

Posted · Report post

One (Tyler) is being used as a temporary speed bump for Lane (and a convenient solution against certain controversies).

The other (Mason) hasn't been paired with anyone yet (but he'll be the unsuccessful part of a love triangle with two white characters in a couple of months)

In six months both he & Tyler will be fighting Devon for Roxy in a backburnered story before they're both are made recurring & subsequently fired.

That sounds about right. It's become the standard for every new hire on Y&R basically.