Truth or Dare: Embarrasing Soap Confessions Edition

• Members

B&B

Brooke Logan has been my favorite character EVER on TV. Even when she screws up and does something disgusting I'm happy.

And I kinda wish she would sleep with the wrong man again. tongue.png

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE B&B's first opening. Sometimes I watch it so many times that my mother is getting worried if I'm getting crazy always listening to that intro.

I used to tape B&B from 1998 to 2002 religiously and I would even fake illness so I can stay home and record my episodes.

When my father burned some of my B&B tapes I had a breakdown and I cried for HOURS.

When I was younger I was kinda embarrassed that I love B&B so much and I would never tell my friends. I'm male btw haha.

Sometimes I watch close to month of episodes in one day of B&B.

One time I didn't sleep the whole night and I kept watching. I couldn't stop.

I HATE THE NEW INTRO so much that I make my own edits of the new episodes with my own intro - the old, but with new pictures.

Well I guess I'm kinda crazy hahaha

I had a dog named Stephanie and a dog named Ridge when I was younger.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad you picked that--I LOVE that song! :lol:

I actually picked watching the 2006 Daytime Emmys over going to my junior prom--hey, they were obscenely early (late April), I wasn't going with anyone (not that that matters, it's just true), and I didn't think I'd like most of the music! Why not?

...Except that I hadn't watched soaps regularly in about three years by then. I actually continued watching them before I went back to them. Yikes. ph34r.png

• Members

When I first started getting into soaps, my grandmother, a HUGE ATWT fan, let me have her coffee table book on the show, even though I didn't watch it myself.

By 8th grade, I had the ATWT book, the OLTL book, the GL book, the AMC book, the GH book, the ABC Wedding book, AND the AW book. I actually would look at them on the porch of my house before I got on the bus for school. I think I actually had a system where I look through a certain one of those books on different days. I think the GH book was Thursday, and because it was my favorite soap, the OLTL book was Friday. I think the ABC weddings book may have been an alternate since it had three soaps in it. That, or I just used the ones on individual soaps.

I used to go to the WOST site YEARS ago, and whenever I go to the Television Tunes site today, I can STILL tell which soap themes were taken from WOST based on certain pauses or even certain sponsors mentioned in the voiceovers.

...I really do need help.

• Members

I played sick to stay home and watch Bo & Hope 1997 wedding, not for the wedding, but to see Marie and Kimberly.

August 1999 when I return to school (7th grade) from summer break the teacher did the annual what did you do on the summer break, everyone had these great stories....so when he got to me I went all out with Mine: My cousin Cass got married to Lila, a gorilla showed up, My evil uncle Grant turned out to be alive, and a man who looked like my mom's friend Rachel ex-husband officiated the wedding....sadly he had seen it too!

• Members

Anyone else play The Sims? I can't be the only one who has created a whole neighborhood on there that's dedicated to their favorite soaps town. I made Pine Valley in "The Sims 2" and It's still going strong. Kendall divorced Zach and got married to me on there and we have a mansion & five kids now.

laugh.png

OMG, this says everything!

Love it! A Kindle named Kendall. LOL.

• Members

I don't know if this is embarrassing more than it's just something I've never really talked about it on SON before, but I have several "web soaps" under my belt (though only one of them actually made it to "air"). The first and only one that I ever made a complete site for and posted episodes of was called "To Live Each Day," and I wrote it when I was 14-15 years old. It was about a group of families in northern Minnesota and centered on their lives in the department store and local television industries. I wrote 15 episodes before I got tired of it and no longer had the time to write it, but I've periodically gone back to it over the years to try to develop it more. Storylines I remember...the show opened with Rebecca Brennan (Susan Seaforth Hayes), owner of the LeeMont department store (named after her parents, Montgomery and Lee Brennan), being pushed over her balcony on a cold, autumn night. It's a mystery who her attacker was. She's also mourning the death of her husband, who'd died in a car accident. Also in the car accident was Richard Smart, a good friend of Rebecca's and friendly rival. Unfortunately, the rivalry wasn't so friendly with Richard's wife, socialite Victoria Smart (Susan Lucci). After the ladies begin to move part their husbands' deaths, Rebecca wants to call a truce with Victoria (and is also interested in buying Smart, which was Richard's company), but Victoria resolves to wage war on Rebecca, whom she blames for Richard's death. She takes over the reins of Smart and sets about destroying LeeMont.

Meanwhile, Rebecca's granddaughter Hagen Marchand (Eden Riegel) was in college and dating Kent Starling (Eric Winter), but Victoria's daughter, Danica (Martha Madison) had her sights set on seducing Kent, who'd dumped her for Hagen. She schemes to become besties with Hagen as a way to get into Kent's bed, but her sensible cousin, Diane (Alexa Havins) desperately tried to talk her out of it, but things get tricky when Hagen is diagnosed with skin cancer, and Kent turns to Danica, a nursing student, for support and comfort. Danica is eventually overcome with guilt and comes clean, but by then, Hagen has become suspicious and accuses Kent of sleeping with Danica. Unfortunately, her cancer becomes terminal, and she dies, but before she dies, she tells her mother, Blythe (Michelle Stafford) -- owner of a local gym and host of a locally-produced exercise program -- about Kent and Danica. After Hagen's death, Kent and Danica reunite, but a distraught Blythe resolves to make their lives miserable.

Diane's parents were Kevin and Nancy Wentworth (Doug Davidson, Leslie Charleson -- Nancy was Victoria's sister). Kevin was cheating on Nancy with former hooker Layla Madison (Julia Barr), who, after Kevin decided to end the affair, became interested in her trailer park neighbor, former stripper Gary (Cameron Mathison). Unbeknownst to Kent and Gary, they were brothers who'd been given up for adoption and had never met each other. In regards to Kevin's affair, the only person who knew about it was his sister, Karen Marcantel (Morgan Fairchild), host of a local morning show. Karen kept Kevin's affair a secret from Nancy, her best friend, as well as her own husband, Tom (Walt Willey). She and Tom had two sons, writer Jack (Bryan Dattilo) and high school student Seth (Drew Tyler Bell).

Rebecca's best friend was eccentric actress Daphne Linson (Beverlee McKinsey), who has played Aunt Phyllis on the locally-produced soap opera "Family Secrets" since the 70s. Her daughters were Dr. Laura Hutchinson (Melissa Reeves) and Melinda Fairlane (Rebecca Budig), who'd she'd had with her late husband Matthew Fairlane, noted director of sexploitation films (sorta like a Russ Meyer). Laura was married to Alan Hutchinson (Jon Hensley), a police officer, while Melinda, a lawyer, was dating Jack Marcantel. Laura and Alan's son, Shane (Jesse McCartney) was best friends with Seth Marcantel, but Seth wanted to be more than friends. Learning how to scheme from Danica, he plots to break up Shane and his girlfriend Hannah (Robyn Richards) by making it look like Shane is cheating on her with a girl from another school. The scheme is going along swell until a new boy, Josh Thibodaux (Shawn Pyfrom), moves in across the street from the Marcantels. Josh becomes friends with Seth and Shane, and he immediately picks up on Seth's plot and confronts him about it. Seth confesses, but Josh promises to keep his secret. While Seth continues the plot, though (which includes planning a huge birthday party for Shane), Josh begins to fall for him, and he secretly tries to thwart the plan by telling Shane that Seth might be gay (but he doesn't reveal Seth's big scheme). His plan to thwart Seth's plan goes better than Seth's plan, and it all climaxes with Hannah confronting Shane about his "affair" at the birthday party, Shane walking out on her and going back to his empty home (he and his parents live in Daphne's mansion, but the adults are all out of town for the weekend), and Seth following him. Seth gets a drunk Shane naked and kisses him, but Shane's not that drunk, and he rejects him, exclaiming that "Josh was right" about him. Seth freaks out and goes speeding off into the night, but Josh finds him and admits he'd told Shane the truth. Seth hates him, but then Josh admits to falling in love with him, explaining that he didn't want to see Seth get hurt by going after Shane. They have sex.

Meanwhile, tensions are high in the Brennan household. Tess Brennan (Colleen Zenk), Rebecca's younger sister, is disgusted that Rebecca wants to entertain Victoria's immature declaration of war, but she has no choice but to go along with it. Their sister-in-law, Maureen (Lauren Koslow) -- the widow of their older brother Eric -- couldn't care less, she just likes living in luxury. They're all surprised, though, when Maggie Jennings (Melody Thomas Scott) appears on their doorstep. Maggie is Tess and Rebecca's half-sister, the product of their mother's affair with her high school sweetheart. The last time Maggie had been in town, she'd attempted to scheme the Brennans out of their fortune, but now she's back, and she truly wants to make amends. She has with her, her son Dr. Drew Jennings (Colin Egglesfield), who pretends to be just as sincere as his mother, but he's secretly hoping to latch onto some of the Brennan cash. Drew and Blythe hate each other.

Other storylines that would have happened much later had I continued with it would have included the introduction of Tamara Tunie and Victoria Rowell as modeling agent sisters (and also, their family) who are interested in using Hannah and Shane (leading to their reunion), Nancy and Victoria's drug addicted brother coming to Coastal Gardens (the show's setting), Daphne's firing from "Family Secrets," Kent and Gary discovering their fraternity, and Danica becoming a born-again Christian.

• Members

As a kid (I was like 10 or 12) and being the oldest out of four, I used to make my brother and sisters act out scenes from soaps and even my own that I had written as a kid. I used to rearrange my aunt's furniture to resemble a soap opera set, etc.

• Members

That reminds me of a story Alicia Minshew told of her first kissing scene on AMC. It was with Cameron Mathieson and she went at it hammer & tongs (or is that tongues). CM had to explain to her the fake soap kissing that involves, like, the corner of the mouth, possibly the upper lip and absolutely no tonguing.

Archived