HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

...what?

Look, I am not opposed to edgier storytelling in the slightest, but am I to believe that Destiny is without financial support from anyone or Matthew stepping up at least as a father? Because the Buchanans and Evanses would not have abandoned her voluntarily. That would never have happened. So that is BS. Nor do I believe Matthew would've turned his back on her.

And a young black mother turning to hooking - gee, fantastic cutting-edge imagery for a new soap opera medium.

Ugh. I hope this isn't what it seems.

• Members

Ahahahahahaha! I used to refer to him and Daniel Manche's JJ as "Jack and Carly's lesbian daughters". But they were actually pretty good actors who would've both made a good future Matthew (even though Manche also played one of Matt and Dani's classmates at that British school).

I can give aspects of this a chance. I can accept that things went south for Matthew and Destiny - they were kids, impulsive and rash. I can also accept that they continue to have a sort of impromptu sexual relationship despite all the bad feeling and issues between them, because God knows I have been there in my life. That is realistic; that happens. I can accept that Matthew is a complicated young man who got too much too fast and will have to come to terms with his life and responsibilities in a harder way than what they rushed through at the end of OLTL, and I don't think they'll just paint him as an ogre or an ass - I'm sure he'll come around. But what I can't accept is that Bo, Nora, Shaun, Richard and Phylicia would ever allow this to happen to Destiny. Unless she is supplementing their money, or has turned them away.

Also, I just don't see the need for another 'young black woman hooking' story.

• Members

This audition could have just been "soaped up"? I mean, we can't just assume this is what we're getting with them lol. I'm not opposed to some of it and I like the edgier direction, but it is a stretch, IMHO. Even if say somehow all of Matthew's family were in the dark, Destiny refuses any help because she's stubborn ... it's still a stretch to even justify so, I'm thinking all of this was exaggerated for the audition to amp up the drama.

We'll see eventually I guess.

Archived