HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't trust Prospect Park. Like, at all. This will have to actually be on the air (or the Internet) before I believe it. I highly doubt they can get the important folks from AMC to do it; they were pretty wary and burned out the last time.

• Members

And I don't believe (and never have) that they can put on a daily 1 hour show on the Internet for the same amount of money ABC was spending (or actually a lot less money) or pay the actors the same amount they were getting. If this ever gets off the ground, it will be produced in Canada with Canadian crew, writers and producers and probably cast members. The cast won't get paid much.

• Members

Who's shelling out money for actual writers? If broadcast soaps get hacks, onliners won't be getting anything better, especially being attached to ABCd. I don't think this is happening, but if by some small chance it does, these 2 soaps are going to be the cheapest unrecognizable productions money can buy!

The conspiracy theorist in me says this is distraction. I think the hammer may come down on GH, and if it does, viewers will be relieved to have the other 2 back and can rely on GH going online. Something aint right here.

• Members

Oh, please. Even if this thing is actually "on" again, can't they re-hire Lorraine Broderick instead? Or maybe even hire a completely new, untapped writer? I can't imagine PP affording the salary even of someone like MMT, so it's a good way to get fresh talent at half the cost. Besides, with the new platform, you have an excellent opportunity to start nurturing the Bill Bells and Agnes Nixons of the Internet Soap generation.

• Members

Ok this is NOT the news I expected to read. Like literally ever...mostly because I assumed PP had become a non-entity after this debacle. If they can get some of the regulars back, I will absolutely give them a shot but I'm not holding my breath. Fingers crossed for beloved, semi-watchable soaps coming back though!

Archived