GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thank you for sharing that. Great review - critical without being nasty or hyperbolic. Makes me feel like I was actually watching the show. Daily TV Serials was a very good soap magazine, very adult, not needlessly catty the way some of the other "informative" soap magazines at this time (like Daytimers or Daytime TV Stars) could sometimes be. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I just remember watching thinking Stone was going to die and Robin was not going to be HIV+ because it was Robin and soaps just don't go there.  If you have ever know anyone that died from complications of AIDS, this was the single most realistic version I have ever seen.  And only a soap could do that, because we saw Stone each week getting weaker, having multiple illnesses, how the community reacted, and how his estranged family treated him.  It was a beautiful love story about several characters.

For all his faults later on, I will still take Guza's first six months and the first year he was there when he came back from Sunset Beach.

• 1 month later...