Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Twinnie Moore is way too good for this show. She's batting a thousand, while everyone else is tut-tutting all over the place. The worst is Diane Langton. I can handle bad acting from younger people, especially on this show, because they're usually finding their feet, but there are no excuses for her constant horribleness. Trading Myra in for her is one of the most senseless mistakes I've ever had to experience.

I will say the one on one scenes with Pete and Cleo are well done and are the strength of this story so far.

• Members

I'll be honest I find this pedophile storyline to be very disgusting and difficult to watch. As such I fast forward a lot of the episodes or just haven't been watching. But today it made it seem like he and Cleo had had a prior relationship/encounter before?

If so that is absolutely vomit inducing. I felt so sick and sad watching the last scene. And John Paul once again morphs into the whore. Poor Porsha

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Stephanie Davis (Sinead) fired effective immediately! http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a658706/hollyoaks-star-stephanie-davis-axed-from-sinead-role-as-show-bosses-terminate-her-contract.html#~piDLdKnP5UmQDg

I am truly surprised. She must have acted a damn fool to get treated this way, considering the lead status she obtained during this current regime.

Still, this is great news. She was a breath of fresh air for her first couple of years, but Kirkwood constantly heaping misery on her and turning her into a filthy skank ruined her.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Yes it totally seemed like Cleo and Rhys from Torchwood who is now playing Pete the pedophile, had a prior relationship though they may not have had sex in a way she could have gotten pregnant. Otherwise Cleo was lying to Harry about being a virgin, right? It makes sense why Pete didn't want Cleo with Harry as he didn't want to share.

• Members

Mmmm hmmm. I suspect she found doing the bullying storyline a breeze. Kieron Richardson always comes off as obnoxious in interviews, too. I really can't stand having to look at that punk face of his. I hope he gets kicked to the curb, too.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

The main rumour doing the rounds is that she allegedly turned up drunk, and has been late in the past. The tabloids are putting together a case.

According to IAreSam, it's apparently bitchy BTS, with drug use apparent with some of the cast. And, James Sutton's tweet shows that she wasn't liked by everyone. But, he's not that nice of a person either, judging by some of his tweets, so...

This reminds me of the time Home and Away was mired in a similar scandal back in 2009 when Jodi Gordon left the show.

• Members

I was always a little surprised she came back so quickly in the first place.

Then again I'm surprised Jennifer Metcalfe has stuck around.

Teresa should have gone years ago.

The universe is doing Kirkwood a favor. Now if only he actually had any ability to produce this show.

• Members

Oh, I know. I was just pointing out the irony of someone calling out another for not being nice, when they themselves are not a great beacon of humanity, either.

I hope they don't recast. Sinead is awful, and should be consigned to history never to be seen again.

Theresa won't be missed, either. She should never have been brought back. But, I do appreciate the effort to humanise the character after the train crash, making her more likeable. At least she's been more tolerable.

• 2 weeks later...