Love of Life Discussion Thread

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A few more Love of Life character questions: Does anyone know the stories for these characters?

Greg Keyes(Robert Aberdeen)

Al King(Ed Bryce)

Augusta Roulland(Natalie Schaffer)

Susie and Danny Ryker(Danielle Cusson and Robert McCone)

Sarah Sprague(Zoe Cannell)

When Felicia Lamont died, she had had a child by Edouard Alaeta that was being raised by Charles Lamont. Was the baby called Charlie Lamont? Charlie Alaeta? or Charlie Fleming(Felicia's maiden name)?

Any info is welcomed, thanks in advance...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Apparently LOL had a trial color broadcast in 1954.

LOVE OF LIFE Network: CBS -TV Director: Larry Auerbach Producer: Richard Dunn Writer: John D. Hess Executive Producer of Color: Richard Lewin On Air: Mon. FrL, 12:15 -12:30 p.m. Color - cast, Sept. 8 only. Star: Peggy McCay Sponsor: American Home Products Corp. Agency: Blow Co. Production Costs: $8,500 gross weekly

IF COLOR is going to add anything to tv's day time serials it will be in displaying the clothes of the female characters to the predominantly feminine audience. In the Sept. 8 colorcast of Love of Life the gowns of the heroine, her sister and her best friend certainly showed up more attractively in color than they would have in black -and- white. The addition of color did not extend the action of this installment of the drama, which utilized the entire 15 minutes to introduce the brother of the hero, a surly individual who is obviously "up to no good" and who seems likely to interfere with the plans of his brother and the heroine for an early marriage. But experience has proved this to be just about the perfect pace for a daytime drama and it doubtless would be unwise to let the addition of color disturb this basic factor. No soap opera fan, this masculine reviewer sees little likelihood that color will do anything to change his attitude. And he's sure the sponsor couldn't care less.

• Members

I think Frances Fuller's Aunt Carrie was Tess and Mickey Kraukeur's aunt. In Max Wylie's book "Writing for Television," he includes a June 1969 script where John Randolph tells Bruce Sterling Tess was moving back in with Aunt Carrie. In the storyline projection, it states that Aunt Carrie worked for Mickey at one point. Also, Carrie ran the Potting Shed with Sarah Dale.

• Members

Okay, thanks DC! Now I have a couple small questions about characters/ how they fit in the families.

Was Anna Krakauer Tess/Mickey's mother? Did she ever have a story(even a love story) of her own?

Was Laurie Krakauer Mickey's wife? If yes, was her family(maiden) name known?

How did Jeff Carlson fit into the Carlson family?

Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Members

I am Jean McBride's niece and am sad to report that she passed away last night after a long illness. My family has been honoured to have had the privilege of knowing Jean and she will be missed beyond measure. Some years back I showed her this discussion thread and she was tickled to see that she was still remembered. She lived her life with all the dignity and grace one could imagine from such a facing ting woman. Thank you for remembering her. 

• Members

I'm so sorry to hear that but I'm glad to hear she got to see this thread. I hope she got to see some of the articles as well. She was a great actress - she truly shone in the old episodes remaining of her Meg. I'm sure she was very proud of you.

• 3 weeks later...