The Dark Knight (Batman Begins sequel)

Toups

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Two-Face is such a complex, rich character who the Schumacher films threw away by senselessly casting Tommy Lee Jones and making him a cartoon, IMHO. I think they did the same with Riddler too, I didn't find Carrey good at all. I wish they'd stayed with Tim Burton's interesting choice of Billy Dee Williams in the role of Harvey Dent.

In that tradition, I would love to see someone like Andre Braugher or Terrence Howard. There are any number of good white actors possible, of course, though I don't think Ryan Phillippe is a great choice.

• Members

I agree. Jack Nicholson has mostly played Jack Nicholson in everything he's done with very few exceptions.

I heard Hoffman wasn't so keen on doing The Penguin because he doesn't think it's a serious enough character. :rolleyes: Lighten up Phil. Many "serious" actors have done comic book movies. It's time for you to get out of the indie tunnel and have some fun.

Ryan as Two-Face, no way. I heard they were kicking around Liev Schrieber's name. That would be my pick. Or like Vee said, a strong black actor to do it. Gotham City doesn't have to be all vanilla.

• 3 months later...

Archived