OLTL Axes Another Re-Curring Character

• Members

OLTL has axed Felipe Dieppa (Ricky). Look for Dieppa to last air at the end of July per the new ABC SID. So I guess that's next Friday 7/28 or Monday 7/31. I kinda liked the pairing, although he really could use some acting lessons.

SID is also saying that Tuc Watkins(David) intends to check out of Llanview in August when his contract is up, although OLTL is still writing for David. I wonder if OLTL would re-cast, Tuc goes ahead and leaves. I sure hope he ends up re-signing. I think Matt Ashford (about to be ex-Jack, DAYS) might be good in the role.

Also it still looks like Michael Easton (John) is still leaving. SID states it will come as a surprise to many if Easton decides to remain in Llanview. SOW states that OLTL has indeed written McBain's death since it's about a done deal that Michael Easton is qutting.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SID is usually wrong but let's say they aren't, OLTL should try and keep Watkins but maybe Watkins just wants to try new things. The show hasn't done anything favorable for the character of David and lately things at OLTL have been so stagnant.

• Members

It's not over until we see the death on screen...and Melissa Archer was all but out the door last year. Tuc Watkins is a huge loss to the show, but I'd rather have David gone with some character intact, to return later after Higley is but a memory. As for Ricky, it looks like they got rid of one just to grow Starr up a little more. There's a new Showfax script for 'Cole', a boy who seems cut from the same cloth as Todd.

Archived