Lady In The Water

King

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL...I just came back from seeing the movie and yeah, I feel the same way. I think overall the movie was a big let down and pretty predictable, and there were too many emotional scenes in what i thought was going to be somewhat a scary movie. But if you like sappy movies w/ happy endings then you'd probably like it....plus it had some funny parts too.

I should've seen Clerks 2 instead <_<

• Members

I love his movies! The Village is probably in my top favorite thirty list. Haha. (I am a huge movie fan.)

But God, this sucked so badly. I was so excited for this too. It really wasn't scary at all. It was like a comedy/fairy tale.

And it was really obnoxious of him to write in such a huge role for him in this, IMO, as opposed to the cameos in the other movies.

Guest DebRenee

My biggest problem with this movie was all the scenes where you could see the mic hanging over the characters' heads. Maybe M. Night should have spent less time acting and more time directing/editing.

Overall, I kind of liked the movie, though. But it definitely wasn't the scary movie that the trailer implied. I was hoping for scary but instead it was more fantasy/fairy tale.

• Members

I actually really liked it. I think it might be my fave out of all his movies. I thought it was a very cool concept. The two leads were amazing. Very good acting and directing. I honestly don't get why lots of people and critics hated it.

Here's my ranking of Shamalayan movies...

Lady In The Water/ Signs...not sure which I liked more...might be leaning towards Lady In the Water.

Sixth Sense

Unbreakable

The Village (I REALLY did not like this movie!!!)

Archived