Spiderman 3

Toups

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The black suit is an alien substance called a symbiote (sp?) that infiltrates Jameson's son's spacecraft, sending him crashing back to Earth and injuring him. The symbiote acts like a parasite and at one point finds a host in Peter/Spidey. It's weakness is volume/sound/high decibels. It eventually goes on to create Venom with Parker's photogrphy rival Eddie Brock.

• Members

:huh: is that cartoon backstory?

Spider-Man was given the Alien Costume in the Secret Wars. It was a big battle across the Marvel universe that featured many of its heroes on an alien world. After a while he realized the suit was alive and feeding off him. It eventually found its way to Eddie Brock.

• Members

after some refresher on Wiki ...

Keith's story is the cartoon version of the Venom Saga.

The true Venom story is as follows.

Spider-Man's costume was destroyed during the Secret Wars, and in an alien lab a machine created him a new costume. Turned out he used the wrong machine, and freed an imprisoned symbiote.

Symbiote began to feed on him. Determined to fully bond with Parker, it would envelope him in his sleep.

Peter finally realized what it was and with the aid of Doctor Strange it was driven off him with sonic waves and kept by the Fantastic Four. It escaped, tracked Spider-man down to a church and tried to bond with him, but Peter's rejection combined with the loud church bells drove it off to seemingly die. There it found Eddie Brock, who was about to kill himself over a combination of Cancer and humiliation over the Sin-Eater case, and became Venom.

Eddie Brock is the most known host to Venom, but he gave the symbiote up with a new found sense of religion. It bonded with a mob boss's son briefly, and abandoned him while in mid-air which killed the host. Eddie Brock seemingly slit his wrists in an ally over this. The symbiote then bonded with Matt Gargan aka The Scorpion. Gargan still holds the symbiote, however in the recent issue of Civil War where Spider-Man revealed himself he is seen alive, but sickly in a hospital bed. Word is he'll reclaim the symbiote in time for Tropher Grace's movie version of Venom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

:D Thanks Toups! I just recently heard there was gonna be a 3rd movie. That trailer as freakin awsome and I am definitly hooked. Can't wait will May ... next year.

Thanks Drew for the backround info. I was never into Spiderman, only watched the cartoons when my brother did when I was younger.

Archived