B&B: Jennifer Gareis Interview

• Members

from TVGuide.com

Restless Homewrecker Scores Bold New Role

by Daniel R. Coleridge

Jennifer Gareis, The Bold and the Beautiful

As TVGuide.com reported last week, Jennifer Gareis (ex-Grace Turner, Young and the Restless) has been tapped to play Donna Logan on Bold and the Beautiful. We were psyched about this news, since B&B chief Bradley Bell's choice of this actress is a Bold move indeed. A sexy soap siren like Gareis is bound to be sinfully fun alongside her new TV sister, Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke), right? Here the former Y&R homewrecker tells TVGuide.com all about her daytime comeback.

TVGuide.com: It's exciting for you and B&B's viewers that you were cast as Brooke's sis. How did it happen?

Jennifer Gareis: I'm thrilled! I think Brad Bell was familiar with my work from Y&R and I guess they'd been looking for [an actress] for this character for sometime. Brad called me in and we had a little meeting and, next thing you know, they're offering me the part.

TVGuide.com: So you didn't even have to audition?

Gareis: [Enthused] No, I didn't! They'd seen enough from Y&R. They're both Bell shows. Also, Katherine Kelly Lang and I look like we could be sisters, so it made sense to me.

TVGuide.com: You're not the first Y&R player to be cast on B&B, and vice versa.

Gareis: Of course. Ashley Jones (ex-Megan, Y&R) is there now. I guess she's my niece. That's kinda funny because on Y&R, she and I were after the same guy, Tony, who was played first by Nick Scotti and then Jay Bontatibus. Now she's my niece?! Either I've aged or she's gotten younger, I don't know. [Laughs]

TVGuide.com: You were so much fun on Y&R. Sniping at your ex-best friend, Sharon, seducing Nick when he was drunk...

Gareis: Grace Turner was the evil slut that everyone hated. The fans liked me that way. They were like, "You go, girl!" Being bad is really fun to play.

TVGuide.com: Will Donna Logan be a wicked vixen like Grace Turner was?

Gareis: As far as my story line, I'm pretty clueless. I haven't seen any scripts yet. I guess they're writing it and figuring it out now. The general gist is that I am going to be maybe a little naughty, but I have a good heart. I'm hoping it's a balance between the two. It's fun to play a complex character who means well but can't help getting herself into trouble!

TVGuide.com: What have you been up to since leaving Y&R?

Gareis: I've done some independent film and a couple of guest spots on Veronica Mars. I've also been to cooking school and learned scuba diving. I've just begun doing my MBA at Pepperdine University. Less than a week after I started class, I found out I got this contract role, so I called the school immediately and told them I'd have to lessen my course load. Obviously, Bold and Beautiful has to be my priority. So instead of doing my MBA in two years, maybe I'll do it in four. I'll have to feel it out and see what I can handle. I'm really excited about this!

TVGuide.com: Are you already friendly with your B&B cast mates?

Gareis: Since Y&R and B&B share studios, you see each other all the time in the hallways on the way to lunch or to hair and makeup. I'm pretty familiar with all their faces. Of course, I worked with Ashley Jones. I also know Ronn Moss. Actually, I jumped up on stage at the Hollywood Athletic Club and sang backup during one of his concerts! That was just on a whim.

TVGuide.com: Rock on, Jennifer! So we've covered your professional life. Dating any handsome movie stars we should know about?

Gareis: I wish! I'm available if you know any. You know what? Between my MBA and jumping back into a soap full time, I'm not gonna have time for men. So forget the men! Unless they're really, really hot. [Laughs]

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She seems excited to be back in the soap world. Here's hoping Bradley don't screw this up. I like young people like her that are excited and happy to have a job in daytime.

Good for you sweetie!!

Archived