ABC Fall Schedule revealed!!

Chris B

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CSI may be a machine, but again, it too has had no strong competition. The buzz isn't there for the show anymore, it's now CSI: Miami that's all over the place. Give those roughly equal 20 million viewers the choice between GA which is new and fresh and very involving and CSI which is the same old thing and I think the result will be a surprising dent in CSI's ratings. Will it topple GA? I doubt it, but I do forsee a decline.

• Members

I'm all for CBS to begin their decline..I seriously can't stand that network..Don't like Survivor, dont' watch any CSI's, don't like all their procedural shows, and don't care for their comedies...

I want ABC and NBC to improve next year, those are my favorite networks...

• Members

I don't see why people are saying GA is succeeding because of its timeslot. It makes no sesne. GA is averaging MORE viewers than its lead in. That means it is not relying on its lead in for viewers and more people are actually tuning in at 10pm on a Sunday night to watch this show than what was once the more talked about show. Shows that rely on their lead ins usually just keep the same viewers or most of them. GA is more critically acclaimed than its lead in too and has been for its entire run. IMO, GA's viewers will go with it.

• Members

Well on Monday when Grey's season finale aired the second hour went against CSI: Miami. Grey's- 15.0/23 CSI: Miami- 10.5/16. Despite Bush screwed up the schedule a bit Grey's still won in the end.

With Les Moonves in charge over at CBS I doubt they will be declining anytime soon. He is extremely competetive and hates to lose. He has built up CBS from the "Old Persons" network it was when he was put in charge. He is a very smart person and will do everything he can to hold off the competitio. He killed Must See TV Thursdays for NBC and before he was at CBS he was at Warner Brothers and got Friends and ER both onto NBC's coveted Thursday line up.

• Members

:D I've wondered teh same thing. My Wife and Kids was far superior to Lopez and Jim (who sucks!).

I'm sad about INVASION too.

Wasn't SECRETS IN A SMALL TOWN an ABC pilot??? If so, looks like it won't be on afterall, although a lot of people had it as a sure thing for fall. So Tyler Christopher(Nikolas, GH) probably won't be leaving afer all. :)

• Members

You've got it all wrong....

ABC is not moving GA to get it away from SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. The two shows attract different audiences anyway. GA is being moved because instead of the network having two established hits on one night (DH and GA on Sunday), they can put GA on a different night and use the 10/9CST Sunday slot to launch a new show using the huge DH lead-in, and do the same with GA on Thursdays. ABC didn't want to move DH because it has truly become a Sunday night "habit" for most of its viewers.

Back when rumors first began circulating about a possible GA move (this was in the late fall) most industry insiders correctly guessed that ABC would go with Thursdays over Monday for the following reason: $$$. You see, Thursdays have now become the most lucrative night for advertising dollars thanks to the movie studios buying time to hype their movies opening that coming weekend, as well as retail buying up time to get people into their stores over the weekends. Therefore, even if GA draws somewhat of a smaller audience on Thursdays than it does on Sundays, ABC still wins big because a higher premium can be charged for ad time for the show on Thursdays than on Sundays. In addition, GA is red-hot right now...although it won't most likely take first place in the timeslot over CSI (although you never know), it will hurt CBS and if GA continues to build it could eventually begin to challenge CSI for dominance. CBS did the same thing years ago when it moved CSI from Fridays to Thursdays against the NBC Must See lineup, a move that many in the industry thought was suicide. We see how that turned out.... ;)

Archived