'Friday' Prequel Killed

Shawn

• Members

Sorry to dissapoint you horror fans, but it looks like we can forget about it happening anytime soon...

http://www.movies.go.com/tipster?id=830696#830700

Jason's Dead … Yes, Again!

That Michael Bay–produced Friday the 13th prequel that was rumored to be on the fast track for an October 2006 release has just been scrapped, according to Fangoria magazine. Planned as a peek into the back story of freaky Jason Voorhees, the movie apparently isn't permanently cancelled but "on indefinite hold," thanks, reportedly, to a scuffle over who holds the rights to the series. Bay's Platinum Dunes production company will instead focus on a remake of The Hitcher, which has One Tree Hill star Sophia Bush in the lead and is scheduled to begin shooting this summer. … In other sequel news, Moviehole.net reports that Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis producer Brad Wright is predicting a big-screen sequel to the 1994 James Spader–Kurt Russell movie that spawned the TV shows. Wright says the movie is likely to star the current TV casts, rather than seeing a return of Spader and Russell.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A remake of "The Hitcher?" I wonder who's gonna play the title role. It has to be a young hunk from Fox or the WB, because it seems that's all they can get to star in these horror movies nowadays.

They just keep trading one remake and prequel for another. What happened to originality?

• Members

Apparently originality doesn't make money. I blame moviegoers, myself included. If we didn't keep shelling out money to see rehashes of classic films, they wouldn't keep remaking them. :lol:

Archived