• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Is it just me or does she look like hell?!!! At any rate, I can't begin to imagine her return. When we last saw her, it was very weird. We were supposed to buy that she began dating Mike after they saw each other for about 15 minutes in Salem. 

• Members

You're right. Looks like a regular person without benefit of Hair & Makeup. 

I thought some other couple should have been used to tell that story of a guy coming to his sexual realization late in life. It was ridiculous using Nancy & Craig in that story. 

• Members

It was so obvious the only reason they told that story was because Kevin Spirtas is openly gay. Lazy and insulting as it feeds into the narrative that gay actors can only play gay characters.

• Members

I agree.

Not to mention the fact that the story itself, as it played out onscreen, offered nothing of entertainment or social value.  And I mean NOTHING.

• Members

It's true.  Ron Carlivati is angry that not every male character on DAYS is gay (and lusting after Leo), and it shows.

• Members

I know people who talk about that story as if it is holy. To them it is a story that happened to someone they know or themselves & that they never saw anyone anywhere ever even attempt to touch "their story" till DAYS did with Nancy/Craig/Leo. To them it is hugely important. I've been in the middle of trashing the story because it was so wrong to use Craig & Nancy & been brought up short by their very different remarks. 

They talk about their lived experience, marrying a woman & having children & having no clue they were gay & then realizing & their whole worlds coming apart at the seams. They taught me to shut the hell up. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

It shows a lot more than that.

On the one hand, I find it kinda sad that a gay man can be so close minded but on the other hand, I find it hilarious because this f*ckin guy used to love to call people out on Twitter for their ignorance, and surprise, he’s just as ignorant as they are. 

Edited by AbcNbc247