GH: July 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would still bring Justus back and blame Witness Protection. If Joe Phillips isn't too crazy online these days I'd be tempted to bring him back as another Q elder, but I can see an argument for aging Justus down a bit and making a recast a viable option for Portia. And I would recast Keesha, though my ideas there end in 'fúck with the fangurls by giving her lots of scenes with Steve'.

I still wonder what the hell they had planned for Zoe that never got off the ground in the late 2000s. I think maybe she was supposed to be for teen Michael?

Edited by Vee

• Members

This has been a fascinating, and heartbreaking time to watch the show. What I am left with as Mulcahey’s credited days are numbered is a lot of questions, and a show that is largely full of stories that are not working, but are at least filled with actual human emotions.

We all knew where this Kristina surrogacy story was headed from day one. It’s been filled with one cliche after another. But it has also allowed for real emotion to play out. Mansi and NLG made those scenes yesterday count, in a story I wish had never happened.

The show needed a long term villain- their Roger Thorpe if you will. Moving Ava into that role has been good for her and the show, even if the BTS machinations haven’t allowed any of her scheming to become clear. Having the revelations come out while trying to sign those contracts that Natalia has been so awful about is good soap.

The show has zero stories going on that I love. But I can still watch it because at least the characters have something to do and emote besides regurgitating the plot. Maybe if Valentini’s starts and stops were not happening and hindering all of these stories, they might have been better?

Whatever the next phase is, they desperately need an umbrella story that they let run every week for at least 3 months. No one month this set of characters dominates, then disappears again. And they are wasting time and resources not using Trina as a young lead, and her mother should be in story too. 

• Members

Well, the lesson today for gay folk is that there are new & different dangers that are Pride-related. Of course, Ava wants to isolate Sonny more & if possible push him into doing something rash & very public. She is that concerned about losing yet another daughter. I have been told & know of others being told as well, that Maura West is going nowhere. However, it is impossible not to see, not to imagine at least the huge target splashed all over her. If they wanted to have a surprise murder mystery with umpteen dozens of suspects, of course, they would lie & say Maura's future with the show is sound. So, it's Sweeps & Pride just got over & things are all over the place & isn't it grand?!!!

• Members

I will say I loved Ava telling Sonny flat-out: Don't forget who I am and what I am capable of. That is something too many in the audience have forgotten. They whine about the writing for Ava in recent months and say it's unfair but this is who Ava is, period. My issue is with how they moved her out of her cunning schemer position to one where is now weaker atm and more obviously able to be potentially picked off. There are better ways to do this, but I don't think Korte cares.

I cannot believe the surrogacy is still going. Just kill the damn baby. Mansi is meant for much better than this, she's carried a lot of the show in recent months.

I honestly don't care about the center and clearly the writers do not either. It has always been an invisible offscreen concept. Give her an active role in an up and coming, existing physical space on the canvas. Not working at some social work facility or tending bar.

• Members

The LGBTQ+ center is an afterthought. The show doesn't give a damn about what it means -- it's just a plot device thrown in that can and will be easily thrown out.

Performative? Any center like that should realize that people come out on their own timeline. They shouldn't be forced out, and they shouldn't have to avoid relationships because they're in the closet.

And now we're going to see AVA catch all the heat for the Natalia recording, when Natalia was the hateful bigot???

Speaking of that recording, that was more awful writing. Natalia called gay people "flighty" and not serious? No, Natalia is a vile homophobic b.itch, not someone who has so little understanding of gay people.

• Members

Two things can be true: Natalia deserves what she gets, and Ava is a villain who is doing good scheming.

But this is very light work frankly. What does this do to damage Sonny or harm his bottom line? Nothing. It fúcks with his romantic life. Ava needs bigger guns.