• Members
Posted (edited)

I'd agree that the EMMYs should not be seen again but not b/c of the fans. I don't know if you watched it or not, but I was not impressed by the ceremony. It was a downgrade compared to the previous two years. IMO, it looked thrown together and the cheesy bits throughout the show didn't help. They really should've taken a page from last year's primetime EMMYs on Fox. It would've been cute had they done vignettes to past soaps and had them present but whatever. And CBS missed the mark by not promoting or teasing The Gates or any other soap. 

Edited by NothinButAttitude

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They got rid of that category because they didn't want to give the award to the Clay Twins.

I restate my question from last month. If Finn can no longer have Violet, to whom will she go?

A. Elizabeth

B. Hayden

C. Chase and Brook Lynn

D. Jeff and Carolyn

• Members

I think the last time GH was overall great was 1996. Unbelievable that the show has had varying levels of poor quality going on 28 years now! 

The 1997 spin-off had a lot to do with starting the ball rolling. Spin-offs always hurt the mother show; just look at Another World. All the hospital stuff was given to the spin-off, with GH left with the mob stuff and "adventure" stories.

I remember the moment the show started to fall: the December 1996 primetime special where they showed Laura had faked her death. The start of poor writing that never went away. Maybe they should have killed Laura off for real; that would have brought the show more organically to the dark place they wanted to go to anyway. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

These shows are soooo bad at writing for Black men. Bland, one-dimensional characterizations that reek of disinterest and tokenism. Some of the casting has been uninspired as well.

Edited by Faulkner