ARTICLE: Nicholas Alexander Chavez Confirms ‘General Hospital’ Exit, Keeps Door Open for Potential Return

• Webmaster
General Hospital, GH, GH ABC, #GH, #GeneralHospital

For the first time since his character was seemingly killed off on “General Hospital” earlier this year, actor Nicholas Alexander Chavez (Spencer Cassadine) has officially confirmed his exit from the daytime drama series after posting a formal statement on X (formerly Twitter) on Friday. 

“I’m so appreciative of the opportunity that ‘GH’ gave me, and I wouldn’t be as busy as I am professionally if it weren’t for the talented producers, writers, directors and fellow actors,” began Chavez in his statement before calling attention to Frank Valentini, the show’s executive producer, where he called him a “mentor and friend.” Chavez also notes he and the show are keeping the door open for a potential return should the opportunity arise.

“Frank Valentini is a mentor and a friend, and we’ve had some pretty extensive conversations about my future on the show. While there are no current plans for me to return, we are still talking very openly about future possibilities for Spencer in Port Charles. 

“Beyond the people I’ve already mentioned, I want to take some time to thank and honor the ‘GH’ fan base… especially the Sprina fans… who must be THE most loyal and kind fan base in the universe of entertainment.”

In closing, Chavez stated, “Words fail to show the depth of my gratitude, thank you, I love you all very, very much.”

Chavez’ comments come just over one week since TVLine reported that the actor would not return to the soap opera, particularly as his name had been removed from the show’s official cast list, which is typically shown every Friday during the closing credits.

Chavez joined the cast of General Hospital in July 2021, taking over the role of Spencer Cassadine, previously portrayed by Nicolas Bechtel, after the show decided to age up the character. Spencer was last seen onscreen during the January 31 episode when he fell overboard during an escalation with his ex-girlfriend Esme (Avery Kristin Pohl).

Last year, Chavez was cast as Lyle Menéndez for Season 2 of the Ryan Murphy-produced “Monster” anthology series, which scripts famous murders. The first season followed the story of Jeffrey Dahmer, a cannibalistic serial killer who was also known as the Milwaukee Monster. Evan Peters (“American Horror Story,” “X-Men: Days of Future Past”) played Dahmer.

Officially titled “Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menéndez Story,” Chavez will appear opposite Cooper Koch, who plays Erik Menéndez, and Javier Bardem and Chloë Sevigny as their murdered parents, Jose and Kitty Menéndez. The series has not been given an official release date.

Note: The post Nicholas Alexander Chavez Confirms ‘General Hospital’ Exit, Keeps Door Open for Potential Return appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think we all knew that this was gonna happen sooner or later. He's got a bright future ahead of him and I hope it all works out for him.

I would accept a Spencer recast. Sprina already survived one recast and I think it could survive another. 

• Members

Thank you @Errol for the confirmation. I had seen things while playing catch-up, but nothing I trusted. So happy to see it here now that I have some time today.

I loved Sprina. And it was (mostly) nicely done. And he was a big part of it.

It would have happened eventually re: his leaving. So I wish him the best.